It is with great pleasure that I announce the first beta release of my infantry conversion mod "Raised Fist".
This mod has been built to offer a variety of interesting infantry environments to the Battlefield 1942 community. True infantry conversion mods are rare in Battlefield 1942 with most infantry conversion mods having been converted to full conversion mods (adding vehicles) at later stages of development. Eve of Destruction (EoD), is well known for this. With Raised Fist you can take your soldier into never seen before environments ranging from the luxuriant Amazon rainforest to European medieval castles. Dodge bullets with the protection of a dozen new custom meshes as well as the supreme firepower of XPack hand weapons such as the Bren LMG or silenced Sten. Extend your game mode knowledge with the addition of an alternative Objective game mode designed for optimum teamwork. All maps are finely executed and no detail has been left behind. There are currently three maps in v0.5, however the full version should see 8-10 maps.
Below is the list of features of RF mod v0.5 Beta:
- Changed official mod name from "battleinf_42" to "raised_fist"
- Disabled proning
- Disabled zooming for all weapons except the sniper
- Created RF_Castle.rfa, RF_Canyon.rfa and Labyrinth_Pro.rfa, three new infantry focused maps which support various game modes, from ObjectiveMode to CTF
- The original layout of the "Labyrinth_Pro" map was made by the modder "Smig". It was updated and fixed by me
- All maps are fully lightmapped (static objects + terrain)
- New "walk over" health packs, which give the soldier circa 25% health increments
- Disabled the medic's health pack
- All hand weapons have been given a 20% accuracy increase due to disabled zooming
- All kits have 1 grenade included
- No ammo boxes, you reload your weapon by picking up the enemy's
- New loading screens + thumbnail pictures for all maps
- Soldier kits have been replaced by various assault weapons (most notably the BrenLMG from XPack2, the Breda from XPack1, and the Stengun from XPack1)
- Ported Gewehr43 automatic sniper rifle from XPack2
- Ported the throwable "CommandoKnife" from XPack2
- Dozens of new custom objects, meshes, and textures ported into Battlefield 1942 (no objects have been stolen from other mods, ignoring official releases such as Xpacks)
- Ported the ObjectiveMode GPM from XPack2 into Raised Fist. It is present in two maps, Labyrinth_Pro and RF_Castle
- New "flagpole" object for CTF
- Ported Cassino + Telemark skymeshes with corresponding textures to maps RF_Castle and RF_Canyon respectively
- Ported the revamped cloud system found by Apache Thunder in map Labyrinth_Pro
To install, simply extract the "battleinf_42" folder in the ZIP file to your Mods folder, located by default @ C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\Mods (Win 7 and up) or C:\Program Files \EA Games\Battlefield 1942\Mods (Win XP)