Ya3dag is based on the quake 2 modification Quake2maX and the lazarus game dll. Want to create your own levels? Well, you've come to the right place. Ya3dag has a built-in "what you see is what you get" level-editor and has been specifically designed for rapid level creation. Terrain, smart NPC's, weather, physic simulation, ...
The main innovation of this release is relief mapping.
Summary of changes for the update of Ya3dag V 1.32.
* Relief mapping and material support.
* Terrain texture and .bsp models support relief mapping.
This code was taken from qfusion.
It is sufficient if the depth component is added to a texture.
* Normal map textures
Name suffix: _norm _normal
The normal map can hold an dept map in the alpha channel.
* Depth map textures
Name suffix: _bump _depth
This texture is needed for relief mapping.
* Gloss map textures
Name suffix: _gloss
If present, there are glossy effects on the texture.
* Decal or additive overlay texture
Name suffix: _decal _glow _luma _add _blend
Without alpha, the texture is added. Otherwise, the
alpha is used as a mask for texture replacement.
* The contents of the texture subdirectory quake was replaced
by the Rygel texture pack. This package was created for use
with the DarkPlaces quake modification.
This package features depth, gloss, normal, .... textures.
Credits to Rygel and other texture creators.
* Generating a depth texture from a diffuse texture.
There is already a file _TextureData.cfg in each texture
subdirectory. In this file there may be an entry for each
texture, how the depth is to generate.
There are commands for low pass filtering the image, inverting
the image and stretching the gray values (histogram processing).
In this way, about half of all terrain textures was prepared
for relief mapping.
* Bug-fix drawing map models in fogged terrain.
The layered fog was not drawn correctly.
* Draw classname in the scene for selected/marked objects
above the selection frame.
* Always draw classname in the scene for sizable
framed objects (like trigger_multiple).
* Bug-fix. After adding a new entity, the lightmaps of .bsp
map-models was disarranged.
* Reworked networking with code from qfusion.
Huffman coding for network packets.
* Thought bubble got a new image, so we don't
see the ugly pixel corners of a sized up image.
* Book backgrounds are transparent now so we can see
some of the scene through the book.
* 'Travel overland' offers
* Show the author of a level.
* If a level can't be visited because the skills are to poor,
the 'Travel overland' dialog shows the bad skills.
* Reworked live-bar. The live-bar is shown above an enemy.
* Menu 'section' selection reworked.
This was used in the menus 'Option' and 'Display'. Now there
is a tabulator type selection.