Q4Run is a modification for Quake4. Primarily it's based on trickjumping and combining tricks. The first idea behind this mod was to implement timers which makes it possible to finish a specific "run" map in a certain time and then improve it afterwards. Every run will be documented in a demo named after name of player and map and time. If you want you can share those demos with other players so they can watch your skill or can help you to improve it. Comparing to others' times you can try to beat them or be proud of yourself because of better records.
The Q4Run team has released a new version of their trick-jumping mod for Quake 4. It brings several changes and fixes with it.
Posted by Bliccer on Mar 9th, 2008
We can present a new version of our modification. You can download Q4Run here.
- TTK_Bandits MovieEdit support
- si_jumppadKill option to kill a player when touching a jumppad (fastcaps pro only)
- new option to automatically switch to spectator for server demos, default is activated
- a problem with freefly for run spectators
- made some editor keys visible
- default setting 1 for net_serverReloadEngine
- set si_fps to read-only and fixed 90 fps
Moreover I've written a manual you can find in the docs folder. Read it if you want.
Note: Be sure you record your demos using "si_pure 1" and then viewing it with "demo_enforcefs 2". Demos of version 0.3.6 probably won't work any more. Don't ask why. They still might work with demo_enforcefs 0.