The Project Reality Team is proud to announce the launch of the 2013 Project Reality Movie Awards competition. To celebrate community made videos, whether gameplay footage or machinimas, the Project Reality Team will be dedicating a night, tied in with the real life Oscars, to give the best Project Reality film makers the recognition they deserve.
The videos will be judged by a panel of team members. They will then line up 4 nominees for each category and 10 (maybe more) for the "Community Choice Award". The nominees will be announced on February the 17th and the poll for the "Community Choice Award" will be opened. On Sunday, February the 24th at 20:00 Project Reality Time (UTC), the winners will be announced and all of the awards will be handed out.
- Video Of The Year - The grand award, the video we feel is created to the highest standard. It covers the directing, acting, editing and overall scripting of the final product.
- Best Instructional Video - This will be based on how effective the video is in educating the public regarding the topic at hand, and the way the information is transferred to the audience.
- Best Comedy Video - This award will go to the funniest PR video, scripted or unscripted. Make us laugh.
- Best Gameplay Video - Based upon non-scripted raw gameplay, this will be decided based upon what we feel portrays Project Reality the way it was meant to be played. Teamwork, end goal focus, and the usage of a variety of assets will prevail here
- AfterDune Award - Based on those epic moments in PR. Charging the enemy with a huge amount of players, a massive armor rush, that awesome SL speech right before going into battle... this award requires something special, scripted or unscripted.
- Community Choice Award - The community are given the ability to vote for their favorite video from a list of entries.
Every participant will receive a 2013 Project Reality Movie Awards forum userbar and the winners will receive a unique forum userbar for the category in which they won. All of the winning videos will also get a place in our Media Section and be featured on the Project Reality YouTube channel.
The following category winners will receive prizes:
- Video Of The Year: Winner gets to pick a game of his/her choice on Steam!
- AfterDune Award: Winner gets Armed Assault 2: Combined Operations, also on Steam!
How To Submit Your Video
If you wish to enter videos you have created, visit the 2013 PR Movie Awards page for the contest rules and requirements and details on how to submit your videos. For your video to be accepted, they must be submitted by Sunday, February 10th at 20:00 PRT. Any entries submitted after this time will not be entered into the competition.
- Sunday, February 10th 20:00 PRT - Competition Closes
- Sunday, February 17th - Nominees Announced / Community Choice Poll Opens
- Sunday, February 24th 20:00 PRT - Winners Announced
We look forward to watching all of your Project Reality videos! Be sure to connect to Project Reality through social media to stay informed and receive up to the minute updates, the occasional leaked bit of information and more! Have fun!