Project Blue Skies
Deep space exploration and planet colonization has become a reality. Though few planets have atmospheres matching Earth, advanced terraforming
projects have allowed the transformation of many nearly dead planets into new homes. Planet X33-72 was settled 50 years ago as a center for quiet civilian life, as well as serving a dual role as a research facility. Recently it has also become a center of archeological activity; new discoveries show it to have once been the possible home of an alien civilization, although evidence isn't yet conclusive.
You play the role of a low level security officer. You live and work in the colony, leading a fairly mundane life. On August 7th a surge causes a fault in the main power array resulting in part of the control systems going into lock down, and leading to an apparent disruption in communication with the personnel in the generator facility. You are the only staff member available to investigate.
* A large and vibrant colony with all of the expected facilities and people.
* Click-To-Use: Similar to Prey, simply click on any person, item, or button that you wish to interact with.
* Real-time cutscenes and scripted events that unfold before your eyes.
* Full recorded dialog and NPC interaction.
* NPC's have paths and go about their own tasks.
* An Objectives/Quests/Goals system with a mouse-driven GUI.
* A faux full-body-awareness system to increase immersion.
The team has been chugging along steadily while they bounce between a few different projects. One of the mappers/artists has been adding Polymer (an advanced renderer that's part of EDuke32) lighting to some areas to enhance the atmosphere.
It's been awhile since we posted any kind of update so here's a few updated screen captures and they're spoiler free!
Happy New Year!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.