The winners of our 2009 Mapping Competition have polished up their maps and here they are! Read the .txt file included in the rar for installation instructions...
Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II boasts a unique three-team symmetry and a myriad of colorful characters to promote exciting, strategic, and fun gameplay. It features several game modes, each requiring its own special brand of cunning to master. Do battle on a tropical island for control of bountiful treasure. Appease your gods by spilling the blood of your enemies deep within a Mayan temple. Conquer your foes by taking control of precious badlands
territory. But most importantly, have FUN!
Unique Combat System:
The combat system is something you will not find in other games. Melee is based off of directional charged attacks and blocks,
far from the usual click and slash method found in most games. Each class has their own set of unique weapons
(When we say unique, picture a trained attack parrot) and play styles, as well as class specific special attacks that can be
unleashed once the meter is filled.
Multiple Game Modes:
Each map features a game mode that you'll find both unique and entertaining. Game modes include Booty, Trinket Wars, Last Team Standing, Territory, Objective Push and Team Deathmatch. Many more are planned for future releases.
Each team sports its own set of unique classes. Each class offers its own play style and is most effective in different situations.
Altogether we have 18 unique classes planned, 6 for each team!
If you enjoy getting together with people and having an exhilarating time, Pirates, Vikings and Knights II should be top on your list of mods to try!
For more information on the game, visit our site and forums at Pvkii.com
Be sure to join our official Steam Community to participate in events and receive announcements.
We have surprises planned for those who choose to join!
Happy Spring everyone!
PVKII Beta 3.1 is now available for download on Steam. We will fix a few minor things with a follow up hotfix in the coming days, but our March update is here for your enjoyment!
In other news, our Developer, Creator, and Contributor groups continue to evolve to help deliver you more content more frequently than ever before. We have many great things planned and in progress as we work hard towards a complete, well polished game. We welcome you to view our public trello boards to become more involved with development and share your voice with others in the community! Trello is a very handy visual tool we have been using more and more for our game. Note that any information on the trello boards is subject to change. Feel free to vote on trello cards, and make suggestions for our mod!
Please see below for a Changelog that details many of the changes in this release. Head over to our Bug/Support Forums to report any issues.
Stay tuned as more news will roll out in the coming days, and check out some kickin' gifs and screenshots below before you play!
Combat System Additions
- Feet can now be seen in first person view
- Kicking now introduced into combat. Kick deals small amount of damage, and has a 2 second cooldown bar. Kicks can be blocked.
- Rolling now introduced into combat.
Man at Arms
- Added visual effects to character models for all players to see who is receiving damage during MAA special
- First person color correction overlay for debuff effect for enemies
- Crit sounds added for critical hits given and received during Maa Special
- MAA crossbow now has a third person model
- Scoreboard admin tag is now modifiable
- Distance markers added to objectives
- Added new icons for headshots and kick kills
- Attempt at fixing Source SDK 2013 Multiplayer bug for sprays not appearing. Fixed spray saving (new cvar cl_sprayfile, use it instead of cl_logofile!) Added spray menu into Character Info with (animated) spray preview panel (replaces old menu in options)
Omlette au Perroquet - Bash 10 parrots with your shield as Man at Arms
Frenchy Wenchy - Kill 3 players with your crossbow in a single round
The one who knocks - Stun 100 enemies with the buckler
French Submarine - As MaA Kill 50 enemies while swimming
Mighty Foot Engaged - Kill an enemy with a kick
- MAA now appears on main menu
- Added spawned entity lifetime to env_entity_maker
- Frozen ragdolls on burning deaths fixed
- Fix flicker with berserker rage special
- Disallow special regen on active special users
- Item pickups can now be disabled
- Fixed manual parry server cvar
- Latest STS translations as of 23 February 2015
- Added tunnel Vikings side of Knights Castle.
- Changed Viking water entrance to Knights slightly (a bit quicker)
- Slight remodel of Viking side lower staircase area in Castle
- Added Rock to Viking side Knight approach for a little bit of cover up top
- Set Dungeon door to spawn open
- Dungeon tunnel wider
- Lantern added to dungeon tunnel
- Added dungeon sfx loop
- Vikings area added a bit more grass
- Longship sails raised and crates for cover added
- Updated all Viking area thatched roofs
- Removed castle style tunnel towards Vikings from Hubbjubb with rock cave
- Removed all 4x Displacements and replaced with 3s and 2s (Volcano and Island in Skybox remodelled)
- Lowered Edds tours jetty slightly to get out easier
- Rock by Schooner now easy to get on top of
- Secret now won't accept someone holding a chest
- Minor misc fixes
- Added rock in Pirates base for cover
- Widened some paths
- Upped the ambient light in places where the shadows were ugly pure black
- Fixed smoothing issue between Knights and Windmill
- Fixed Barrels using incorrect prop type
- Recompiled chapel roof model to fix path issue
- Changed ssbump to cliff materials
- SSbump improvements
- Minor misc fixes
- Sudden Death time increased slightly
- Skybox texture upgraded
- Major improvements to 3d skybox
- Added and adjusted several models and materials
Highest Rated (9 agree) 10/10
It's fast, frantic, fun and it's on Steam. One of the most unique and entertaining mods on the Source engine to date! Unlike the average melee weapon in Source games, that basically behave as a gun with a very short range, PVK II boasts a fully fledged melee weapon system. The direction of your swing actually matters and can be blocked by a proper parry in the right direction. If you swing a large weapon around, you can hit multiple targets in a single hit. PVK II also has a very interesting set…
Nov 4 2010, 4:14pm by Torabi
Lowest Rated (7 agree) 1/10
After steam release, this mod is no longer acceptable.
Dec 1 2010, 11:42am by KortalMombat
Latest tweets from
It can take up to a few hours for tweets to begin appearing.