In a time where the Empire's grip on the galaxy is still tenuous, take command of early Rebel luminaries or the Emperor's closest advisors in an epic struggle to define a galaxy still smoldering from the Clone Wars. Assemble your faction's war machine from dozens of asynchronous lines, then augment it with hundreds of potential upgrades. Transform aspiring heroes into legends to provide intangible leadership to your military and government. Leverage entire planets and civilizations to their greatest potential through base building. Then, when everything is in place, plot your conquest vector. This is a four-decade strategic simulation of warfare across 120,000 light-years.
Best Mod for FOC
Keep up i waiting for the next version since some years now;)
Phoenix Rising is a mod that strives for realism rather than a paper-scissor-stone experience as vanilla EAW does. Your ISD II is going to blast pretty much everything comparable the Rebs can throw at you out of the orbit, still if you think strategically - or have the roughe squadron at hand in this particular matter - you will have a chance - a slight one but at last it's a chance.
This mod comes as close to the Star Wars Canon as you're able to with the EAW Engine.
So no points against, all for this mod.
Well there would be some against if you do not have a top of the line machine you'll have some problems running it decently - otherwise no problems at all.
Straight away this mod appealed to the massive Star Wars geek in me; Canonical ship stats, epic space battles that can last for a VERY long time depending on the make-up of each fleet - both of these are awesome, and the dev's have nailed them both.
In what may seem a paradox, both of these are also the games weak points.
1) The Unit tooltip's contain tons (or tonnes) of info; but some of it is just unnecessary. And this sometimes comes at the expense of potentially useful information. (What structure do I need to build this damn ship - Alt-Tabs to go check the relevant XML file)
2) Space battles can last a very LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time; I see a world defended by a sole space station, I'll jump a couple of Star Destroyers in there, take it out, and run away - except I can't. As much as I love the epic space battles, sometimes you just want it over with.
I suffered from quite a bit of lag, but that fault probably lies with my PC.
I hope my thoughts don't put others off of trying this mod, or even incite people to troll. Because no matter what I or you may think about this mod, there are two things to remember;
1) The Phoenix Rising team have pushed this game to what must be approaching the limit of the Alamo engine.
And more importantly
2) This mod team will have an idea in their collective heads about what their ideal EAW experience is; and they make this mod with the intention of realising it.
It irks me to no end when I see people (non-modders), who won't do the work themselves, criticise the efforts of those who will (modders).
In conclusion because I'm running out of space,
Some very good ideas that will appeal to some, and alienate others.
If I may end with a recommendation:
The ideas in this mod are brilliant, and would wonder if the team have considered doing a version of their mod for Sins Of A Solar Empire?
I think their ideas would benefit massively from the platform that game constitutes.
This is the best EaW mod that I've ever had the pleasure of playing, hands down. I love the dedication to detail and realism.
Not sure why all the other reviews are so horrible, possibly cause they didn't know how to instal it properly, or they have really bad computers. Awesome mod, way more star wars cannon (at least ship-wise) than all the other mods. Only reason that it doesn't get a ten is because there were some features removed from v1.1 to improve playability, but I thought were a benefit to the game.
While i looked realy forward to this mod, i was left dissapointed.
- gc lags to much for me, even though i can play raw with ease
- the balance between hull strength, shields and damage seems completely off. battles can last for ages, especially against the space stations
- particles could be way WAY better than this. it's also hard to distuinguish missiles and torpedo's
- unit description gives you info on the shields strenght, speed, hyperdrive rating and tons of other info that we don't need
- to much hero's
- land battles unplayable
please fix this mod!
The graphics are awesome, albiet laggy, the unit cap is awesome. the AI cheats. alot. skirmish matches are horrible, and the build times are horrible for everything. its really realistic though. but no, i dont recommend this now that ive actually played it. if you engoy a REALLY long GC, then this is for you. the land battles suck, just like in the original EaW
EDIT: I have now played this mod for about a week, and i generally enjoy the space battles now, although i cant wait for the skirmish AI to be fixxed. Be prepared to have a lot of AI ships in your base within 10 minutes, but once you finish them off, your only facing fighters. thats how broken the skirmish AI is in 1.1
Hopefully the 1.2 will be fixxed eh? solid 9/10
Way too much lag in GC
Great job on models!
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.