Long ago, when the word 'Hiigara' rang only as a hollow dream, the kiith of Kharak never imagined they would walk the Path to Victory. But, when they reclaimed their Homeworld and proclaimed themselves 'Hiigaran', they believed they had reached their goal. How wrong they were. 150 years after Hiigaran landfall, conflict rages across the Galaxy.
Path to Victory aims at enhancing Homeworld 2 gameplay by adding new races, factions for the existing races and a bunch of new ships.
The gameplay focuses around factions, choices and fast paced combat. Each race plays its own way and each faction has its advantages and disadvantages. Play to their strenghs and you'll surely win. Fail to do so and you will not succeed. As the old saying goes:
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
- From: The Art of War
- 5 Races
- Different factions for every race
- New ships for the existing races
- Reworked combat and physics system
- Every ship has a purpose
- A new Capital Ship Class: Cruiser
- Kiith Naabal
- Kiith S'jet
- Kiith Somtaaw
Warlord Doctrine: Focuses on hit & run tactics. Gains bounty from kills.
Invasion Doctrine: Focuses on mass produced fleets of cheap ships and strong offensive firepower
Extermination Runtimes: Focuses on heavy damage but weak defense
Pacifier Runtimes: Extremely strong defense but weaker assault force
Three Faith Trees can be combined:
- Garden Faith: Fighters & Pods
- Kadesh Faith: Capships & Frigates
- Sajuuk Faith: Hybrid ships & firepower
- Turanic Raiders
No Faction selection. Available ships determined by what you can capture.
Path to Victory Development Team
• IPS for his wonderful help on all accounts and incredible patience with my mood swings.
• Barnoess for the Compex Destroyer and Pride of Hiigara models
• Sinigr for doing the map and sound editing
• Ryuseimaru for translating the game files into german and a bunch of overall ideas I tend to underevaluate (sorry)
• Pegman for your wonderful campaign script, playing sounding board and being overall tolerant do my somewhat haphazard style
• Everyone in the testing team for testing and providing feedback. By name that is: Sudazima, LordGrantus, Railgunner2160, 23-down, radar33 (who I think is ajl on RN but I may be mistaken – sorry man).
• arielyssou for the two raider badges (sorry, had to replace the skull with a slightly more fitting skull)
• Relic for their Homeworld 2 game and quite a few nifty tools (even if they do crash *cough fxtool cough*)
• Pouk for his reworked Turanic Ion Array Frigate and minor kadeshi fixes
Warriors of the Vaygr war fleets flock to battle in the thousands, rivaled only by the fanatical millions of the Kadeshi Swarm. Ancient Keeper AIs, dormant for centuries, return to life and make battle with the slithery beings which call themselves pirates - and any other foolish enough to stand in their way. Amidst the tumult, the proud men and women of the Hiigaran Empire stand strong against all.
What they do not speak of are those lost. Countless hulls ruptured, millions sucked into the dead of space. To the bomber pilot it is the flash of a mass driver, burning death he sees too late to evade. To the frigate captain it is the panicked cry of his sensors operator: "Torpedo inbound! Brace for impact!" And aboard the battle cruiser, all know the end has come when the damage report systems announce ruptures in all fusion chambers.
But what form the end comes in does not matter. Death is absolute. One might only pay the respect the fallen are due. Honor their sacrifice in pursuit of the ultimate goal, for there is always a price to pay for Victory.
With Alpha 7.1 released, Path to Victory comes to an official end. We hope you'll remember this mod as fondly as those thousands of digital souls that died in your epic space battles. On second thought, we hope you'll have fonder memories. Everyone knows you don't care how many little digital souls you commit to death. The more the merrier, eh?
Here's the link to the Download page
And, while we're remembering fond things...
- Turanic Raider Destroyer, which rests in peace along with many of our other concepts
- The Snailship, which looked so good it had to be cut
- The Kadeshi Drone, which never made it out of concept phase
-The Holy Kadeshi Mothership which was just to big to work ingame
- The Nabaal Factory... wait, we actually made concept art which ended up ingame? Oh, yeah. That would be this one.
Path to Victory was a fun time for all of us but, eventually, we come to...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
Highest Rated (4 agree) 10/10
This mod is an excellent configuration of Homeworld 2 engine code. Your custom race set-ups are magnificent, and it would be most appreciated if this could be made available to all platforms that can run Homeworld 2 in full (certain name types do not show up on Mac due to some luascripting differences between it and the PC version) but at this time; I feel that this mod deserves the right to be a unique game, beyond that of Aspyr's original. Anyone who can play HW2, please play this mod and give…
Nov 14 2010 by Vaktezraj