The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
This mod is being made for those who love stargate and would like an rpg game from it, it is not a total conversion, but just a small mod which adds the ability to travel to different worlds through a stargate placed somewhere in Cyrodill.
Ok so to start off I will explain the competition, there is now going to be a monthly competition, no big prizes, just a name on the credits and an in-game character named after you. This month I am looking for world designs, no big super-fantastic pieces of artwork, unless you want to do that. All Im asking for is a map with the following rules.
Posted by neronix17 on Jan 9th, 2010
Ok so to start off I will explain the competition, there is now going to be a monthly competition, no big prizes, just a name on the credits and an in-game character named after you. And once the map is completed, you will recieve a link to your very own, unique, animated forum signature. It will include your name, and the images will be made from screenshots I take of your world!
This month I am looking for world designs, no big super-fantastic pieces of artwork, unless you want to do that. All Im asking for is a map with the following rules.
1. The view of the map must be looking directly down, as though from a satellite.
2. There must be at least 2 but no more than 4 villages/towns/settlements.
3. You may have a walled city but only ONE, no more than that, this is optional though.
4. Each village/town/settlement/city must have a 'magnified' view of it, showing the placement of any homes, churches etc.
5. All buildings and objects you show on the map MUST be from vanilla Oblivion and the DLC's. I will create an extra version for people without the DLC as the maps are made.
6. There must be a marked location of the world where you would like the Stargate to be placed, this may be in any populated area or out in the middle of nowhere. If the Stargate is to be in an interior please state this somewhere either on the map or on a separate file (you can also say on the email).
7. The map may be black and white, or coloured in, colours will help me decide on placement of forests, deserts, snow etc. If you would like specific weather conditions please let me know.
8. The files must be either '*.bmp' .jpg or '*.png' and any text files must be '*.txt'
9. All of the images MUST be at least 800x600, 1024x768 or 1366x768.
Anyone can enter as many different worlds as they wish, all entries must be sent to my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject title "Operation Stargate Mapping Competition - YOUR NAME". That will let me organize them properly, I will need the main map, the 'magnified' views, and any text files as separate files. (1 for the main map, 1 for each town/city etc). The files can be attached separately or as a zip/rar file.
The deadline for the competition is the 31st of January, although I will accept more entries after that date, they will not be inlcuded in this competition. On the 3rd of February I will post news, showcasing the 3 best entries. The reason for leaving a couple of days between the deadline and showcasing is so that I can do any tidying up if I need to.
That means hopefully more people will enter, Im not expecting a Da Vinci masterpiece, so someone that makes a map as artistic as the Oblivion one might come 2nd to someone that did theirs in MS Paint. Im looking for good positioning and the chance for breathtaking views. Im also hoping to see some unique designs, rather than simple circular or square towns.
If nobody has entered after a week, I will post an example of the thing Im looking for, based on what Im doing for the first planets.
If you dont get your map made into a planet for Oblivion, it may be used when I come to porting the mod to Fallout 3 so get as many maps made as you can.
This way I wont need to think up of worlds, but also means that I dont need to rely on other people to build them, giving people with no modding experience to make their mark in the mod. Sorry for the long news post but I needed to have all the info I could remember. Any questions just comment here and I will respond as soon as I can.