A lot has happened with Off Limits since our last public media release dated September 2007. Right now we mainly need more playtesters to help us with feedback and bug detection. Please check the full news post for more information.
Posted by Wesley on Jan 18th, 2009
A lot has happened with Off Limits since our last public media release dated September 2007, too much to go into a lot of detail, so I'll summarize as short as possible:
- We ditched the alien game play about a year ago and took the fun stuff we had and built a new game play out of it.
- Now the game is about two teams, who both have a Juggernaut as their main guy, he is linked to the spawn points that are located in the levels. When he gets killed during a match that team loses a spawn point giving the chance of the opposite team to capture that point. By doing this we created a moving battlefield that goes across an entire level. When there are no spawn left you lose. A more detailed description of the game play and all it's features will be announced at a later date.
- Tim Appleby was kind enough to donate one of his character models for our Juggernaut (he's the big guy with the minigun and the skeleton vision). So, big thanks to Tim!
- We also have a new level that doesn't feature vehicles, a nice change from the other Off Limits levels. It's been the main level we have used to playtest the past 3 months, and it's a really fun close combat level. So I'd like to thank Robert Briscoe for donating his level to us!
- As I said above, we are playtesting the shit out of this at the moment, and the development has been going forward by huge amounts and we are getting to the point where things are getting more and more balanced and it's become very immersive and fun to play. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the long dark tunnel!
- We will have four levels upon release: ol_styx, ol_russia, ol_downfall, ol_undersiege
The main reason we are doing a public media release is because we need some more dedicated playtesters who can play mostly on Sunday evenings 8pm GMT+1 (western europe), so if you want to help us out with feedback and getting things ready for release please contact us by registering on our forums and sending a personal message to Keats, who will sort you out.
Here are some screenshots of how the game looks at the moment (the Juggernaut vision is work in progress, I added a .psd screencap of how it will look once done as well at the bottom).
As always, stay tuned for more...
- Wesley Tack