Real Time Projectiles, Cavity Based Damage, Physics Calculated Terminal Ballistics, Bullet Deformations. The Evolution of the First Person Shooter!

Forum Thread
3.0 Quick Review (Games : Half-Life 2 : Mods : OccupationCS: Source : Forum : Occupation Feedback : 3.0 Quick Review) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 10 2010 Anchor

Pros

+ Much, much, much better interface

+More weapons

+Better armor system

+Much better performance

Cons

- SCAR-H uses 7.62x39 for some reason?

- No attachments yet?

-Nothing else

WIN update

Oct 10 2010 Anchor

The SCAR-H was a little confusing at first. We thought it was the 7.62x39 version because of the magazine, but just recently realized it's the 5.56 version. We'll probably have both the SCAR-L and H in the future. As for no attachments, we require custom modelers. Right now we are using 3rd party skins with credits given. Once we start getting custom content specifically for us you'll start to see attachments, better animations, lean and prone among other things planned.

Oct 10 2010 Anchor

Uh, SCAR-H uses 7.62x51 NATO, there is no 7.62x39 Russian version.

Also, the sights on the Kriss are still misaligned, not sure if this is a model or view position problem.

Oct 10 2010 Anchor

"In late 2003, the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM or SOCOM) began looking for a new Battle Rifle for their SOF forces. They called the project SOF Combat Assault Rifle, or SCAR for short. Initial SOF requirements included two basic versions of SCAR system: light (SCAR-L), to be available in 5.56 x 45 mm NATO NATO, and heavy (SCAR-H), which was to be initially available in significantly more powerful 7.62 x 51 mm NATO chambering and was to be easily adaptable in the field to other chamberings. These other chamberings initially included the widely used 7.62 x 39 mm M43 ammunition of Russian origins, and probably some others (like the proposed 6.8 x 43 mm Remington SPC cartridge, especially developed for US Special Forces)."

Guns.wikia.com

While never in production, there were originally plans for a 7.62x39 version.

Oct 12 2010 Anchor

I couldn't help but think that the M14 kicks a little too much back into the screen when you fire. I mean I know that the M14 kicks like a mule but holy shit.

Oct 12 2010 Anchor

Camo_Ninja wrote: I couldn't help but think that the M14 kicks a little too much back into the screen when you fire. I mean I know that the M14 kicks like a mule but holy shit.

It's more animation related than anything else. G and I have got a pretty solid plan on what we think recoil should be displayed as and once we get custom modelers and animators, we'll be able to get a more linear and consistent weapon handling.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.