Full installer, installs 1.35 plus hotfix and does the mountfix automatically. For detailed instructions, check the mountfix post. (File updated 19.07.2015...
Obsidian Conflict is a cooperative multiplayer modification set in the Half-Life 2 universe.
It features a large amount of new gameplay features on all-new maps specially designed for the mod with focus on cooperative gameplay, as well as over hundred user-made maps following the same formula.
In addition to that, You're able to play through vanilla Half-Life 2 all the way up to Episode 2, as well as experimental support for cooperative Half-Life: Source play.
- All Source engine Half-Life series games playable in co-op online (Half-Life: Source, Half-Life 2, Lost Coast, Episodes 1 & 2)
- A large set of included custom maps, some in the form of classic combat & teamwork puzzles and others offering extraordinary new gameplay experiences such as cooperative farming and fishing
- New weapons, including dual Uzis, Medkit, Sniper Rifle, the Alyxgun, the Tau Cannon, deployable Manhacks, as well as support for scripted weapons allowing use of weapons from Counterstrike and Day of Defeat Source
- New NPCs, including many from the original half-life such as a fully-functional ichthyosaur, as well as a working mortarsynth from HL2
- Special merchant NPC and related entities, offering gameplay where players can spend points from their score to purchase weapons and map-specific objects
- Many co-op related features, such as a server-side lives system, hud waypoints, player locator, attention & medic calls, and map objectives, as well as players' inventory carrying over between level transitions
- Great support for community mappers, including features like the mapadd system to easily edit existing maps without having to recompile them, as well as tutorials and prefab examples for all of OC's new entities and features
- Support for custom playermodels and custom colorizations on weapons and hud elements
Please note that it is not created by the OC team and we do not take responsibility for any damage it might do to your system.
It comes in 2 versions, one with a full OC installer included and one with just the mountfix.
Please make sure .NET Framework 4.5 is installed and you're running at least Windows Vista, XP is not supported.
Zipped versions, for those that want them:
So how does it work and what does it do?
The server part installs and configures a basic server config setup for first time server admins and requires a login.
The login is required for SteamCMD and is NEVER stored.
For more information and credits, check this Readme.
Please note that the mountfix can take a long time to complete and it may seem like nothing is happening at all. Don’t close the window, this is normal! The window will close once it’s done.
What the mountfix does is it first scans for your installed games, extracts the content from their depositories and then creates symlinks in your steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2007 folder.
This process is very hard disk-heavy and thus can take a long time to complete.
This also doubles the disk space taken for each installed, mountable game since the files now exist twice; once in the normal Steam depositories and once as unpacked files which OC can read.
We are still working on a proper hotfix, but until then, this is a good stop-gap measure if you or your friends want to get into some OC action right now.
Latest tweets from
It can take up to a few hours for tweets to begin appearing.