NimMod is an escort mod. There are two types of game play. One is a basic escort to an extraction point, the other is an attack/defend (this is shown by map extensions Nim (basic) and Maj (attack/defend). The Bodyguards escort the VIP to an extraction point. The Assassins, well, do what their names imply. There are three classes for each the vip, bodyguard, and the assassins. For the bodyguards there is a light, medium, and heavy. Each bodyguard has there own strengths, weaknesses, and weapon layout. The assassins have a modern, futuristic, and a demolition class. They also have there own strengths, weaknesses and weapon layout. The same goes for the vip as well. The futuristic assassin is some what invisible and has an energy rifle (which can only be fired once till it recharges) also the zoom on the rifle can see through walls depending on the distance between players, he is also very fast. The heavy bodyguard is very slow but with high armor, he has a M16 style gun with a grenade launcher on it. The light bodyguards speed rivals that of the futuristic assassin.
Our weapons and player models came from FPSBanana.com. If any of the authors have any problem with this they can send us a private message.
4 months to be exact. Maj and I have both been busy with school, but I have been fixing small things along the way. Here's a list of things that have been fixed/changed:
- The Energy Rifle doesn't zoom in as far anymore. This is a good thing. Trust me.
- The grenades bounce like they should now.
- The handguns don't seem to fire twice anymore.
- We got rid of the particle trail effect on the players when the futuristic assassin was scoped in.
It was causing too many problems and we found something we liked more. See the gallery.
- We've been working on a couple of new maps: nim_germany( working title ) and nim_embassy.
- The Modern Assassin's rifle shoots more like an awp now. We've made it fire slower and more
inaccurate when not scoped and/or standing.
- The flashbang is more effective....I may make it so the player only gets one per death...
Things that are going to be changed/fixed:
- Clicking the team menu buttons produces weird results.
- I still haven't found what's crashing the the game. I think it's the same things that are lagging the game down after a little while...
- More maps. And scaling down/optimizing.
More to come. <3.
NimMod 3 is up for download. It still crashes, but it's there for anyone who wanted to compile the SDK and run it. Or if you just wantd to see what...
I have uploaded the NimMod Source code for everyone to take a look at. There's some credit that needs to be given and that's to Ging of Hidden...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The source code from NimMod
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.