This mod has been in development since 2007. Some major features are: Corpses of the fallen will now permanently stay, population caps have been increased, and new units. Each faction receives one hero unit, you can play with and against any faction, and there are Heroes, crazy stuff (like The Maus, Powell, zombies,...) can be activated or deactivated in the reward menu. It also contains an Infantry Only mode, Early war mode, No Pop-Cap mode, and Quick Start mode in the victory conditions. This mod is only for fun! If you are looking for complete realism, try another one.
Usefull information for how to use the additional Combiner. Note that the combiner need to be updated for each version of Eastern Front.
Posted by ab2531 on Sep 19th, 2011
The combiner mod is an add-on of NHCmod.
The "combiner mod" allows you to play "Company of Heroes: Eastern Front" with "NHCmod" and "Joint Ops" at the same time.
You need to download both "NHCmod ToV" and the latest "Company of Heroes: Eastern Front" to use the combiner mod!
How to start the combiner mod?
DO NOT INSTALL CHEAT MOD !!!!
Once you have installed correctly EF and NHC in your Company of Heroes folder (check it!), you can start the combiner mod.
To start the combiner mod, click on the shortcut on your desktop or on "Combiner.bat" in your "Company of Heroes" folder. It will automatically load both mod and mix them.
The Eastern Front mod is available here:
(It is a very big mod so it is highly recommended to defrag your disk after installation)
If you don't have both mod, the game will crash. Note that the Combiner gives priority to Eastern Front. So every features of
Eastern front are present with the combiner some part of the NHCmod are missing (e.g. Light tank cannot crush infantry, lower max pop than in NHCmod, ...)
The combiner also supports the Joint Ops mod which can be downloaded here:
Strategyinformer.com (with installer)
Filefront.com (without installer)
BONUS: Another add-on is available for the NHCmod. You can have german voices for Whermacht and PE and English for US and Commonwealth.
How to do that?
Simply download all the files from here:
and put them in the "NHCToV" folder. The mod will automatically load them.
If the forum is down, here are the links for the needed files:
Megaupload.com (German voices for Wehrmacht)
Megaupload.com (German voices for PE and English voices for Brits part1)
Megaupload.com (German voices for PE and English voices for Brits part2)
Megaupload.com (English voices for US Skirmish)
Megaupload.com (English voices for US SinglePlayer Missions part1)
Megaupload.com (English voices for US SinglePlayer Missions part2)
Megaupload.com (German speech file for Tiger Ace campaign)
Megaupload.com (English speech for 2nd ToV campaign)
Megaupload.com (The original German speech file with one file from english version for 3rd ToV campaign)
(It is recommended to defrag your disk after installation)
How to play LAN/internet multiplayer game with the Combiner?
The public version of the combiner does not allow you to play in multiplayer. You will have to get it yourself.
Here are the step for making it run yourself:
- Download and install Corsix mod studio (http://modstudio.corsix.org/)
- Download and install latest Eastern Front (http://www.moddb.com/mods/coheastern-front/downloads)
- Download and install latest NHCmod (http://www.moddb.com/mods/nhcmod/downloads)
- Find your Company of Heroes folder
- Copy all the files from the folder Company of Heroes\Eastern_Front to Company of Heroes\Combiner_Full
- Run Corsix chose "Load Single SGA Archive"
In your company of heroes folder:
- Open \NHCToV\Archives\attribarchive.sga
- right-click on "attrib"
- Select "Extract all in this folder"
- Click on Go!
- Select find the path to THQ\Company of Heroes\Combiner_Full
- Then click on "Ok"
- Close Corsix
- Do the same for \NHCToV\Archives\Data.sga and \NHCToV\Archives\sound.sga
- Repeat all these step for \Combiner\Archives\attribarchive .sga
- Repeat all these step for \Combiner\Archives\Data.sga (right-click on "attrib" become right-click on "data")
- Use Combiner_full.bat to launch the full combiner.
There is absolutely no guarantee that this will works even if you follow all these steps exactly.