This mod has been in development for about 5 years now. Some major features are: Corpses of the fallen will now permanently stay, population caps have been increased, and new units. Each faction receives one hero unit, you can play with and against any faction, and there are Heroes, crazy stuff (like The Maus, Powell, zombies,...) can be activated or deactivated in the reward menu. It also contains an Infantry Only mode, Early war mode, No Pop-Cap mode, and Quick Start mode in the victory conditions. This mod is only for fun! If you are looking for complete realism, try another one.
Edit: NEWER VERSION AVAILABLE! This an early release of the upcoming uncompleted version 2.602. There are icons missing, lack of texture but all the units are operational. Most features have been updated. The Combiner is now compatible with EF 1.4 and you can play with and against any factions. This mod is compatible with Company of Heroes, Opposing Front and Tales of Valor patched to 2.602. (Patch 2.500 is the minimum requirement) Notice: The combiner does not allow you to play with Whermacht Blitzkrieg doctrine. This bug will be fixed in the new version.
Edit: Newer version available! Moddb.com
1) Delete any previous version of the NHCmod
2) Execute and follow the instruction of the installer
3) Just Click on the shortcut created on your desktop to play the mod!
4) Do not forget to chose what units you want to activate/deactivate in the reward menu
Advice: It is recommended to defrag your Disk after installation for better performance.
From time to time, it would be usefull to clear the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\NHC\My documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\LogFiles
uninstallation: just click on the uninstaller
If the game crashes with a report to Relic before getting to the main menu. It means that there is a conflict with another mod.
The easiest way to solve it is to delete the other mods. The other is to find the .ucs in the folders:
that is not made by Relic (i.e. by the bad mod) and move it appart.
NHCmod version 2.602 upgrades:
- Daimler Armoured Car Mk. I available at the british HQ truck
- Daimler Scout Car Mk. III available at the Field support truck
- Panther Command Tank available to blitzkrieg doctrine
- Panzerkampfwagen II available to blitzkrieg doctrine
- Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus available to propaganda doctrine
- 75mm GMC M3 available in the US Motor Pool and the Royal Canadian Artillery
- Allied Eselschreck added to US HQ
- Zombies are spawned from the PE secret lab after mad scientists have gather enough corpses
- M8 Scott added to Infantry company
- Wespe added to PE Scorched earth Tactics.
- Pop cost of Knight Cross holder set to 1.
- "Request paradrop" upgrade requires "Call the RAF" upgrade before being visible
- The Combiner is now compatible with Czech version of CoH
- Cost of the Air recon ability of the radio operator is reduced for the Airborne Company.
- Quick shortcut added to the RADAR.
- Tiger Ace and German officer have 6 levels of veterancy.
- Recoilless jeeps gain level 1 veterancy with the veteran paratrooper upgrade.
- New icon for the Elefant to make sure that everyone can see it.
- Blitzkrieg doctrine can call up to 3 Tigers. (+1 Tiger205 + 1 Tiger Ace + 2 regular Tigers= 7 Tigers!)
- Jagdtiger's HP increased from 1500 to 2000.
- All teams on any Flakvierlings can be reinforced.
- Fix for the veterancy icon of captured M5 3inch AT gun.
- Fix for the Pink wreck of the Jagdtiger.
- Heroes are available if you start a new single player campaign. However, the reward menu will allow you to disable the heroes instead of activating them.
- Rebuilt Elefant does not give a Jagdpanther anymore.
- Elefant moved from blitzkrieg doctrine to defensive doctrine.
- AT shells added to M36.
- Tigers' and Pershing's main gun have the same range but the veterancy improve their gun differently.
- New veteran Level 1 US Heavy Machine Gun Teams from the infrantry company get additional submachine guns.
- New veteran Level 3 MG42 Heavy Machine Gun get an additional MG42.
- V2 cost increased from 325 ammo to 350 ammo.
- V2 recharge time increased from 620 to 630 seconds.
- Recharge time of Aces' self-repair increased.
- Bad name of rebuilt jagdtiger fixed
- Commandos and SAS can throw grenades from buildings.
- SAS gain range with veterancy.
- Fixed a bug of the original game that prevent nebelwerfer to use medical kit.
- Comet Tank can now crush heavy obstacles
- Comet tank's HP increased from 700 to 900
- Comet tank's gun damage increased and can now beat the panther (if you drive the Comet correctly and if you are lucky)
- Cost of Comet Tank increased to 485 manpower and 110 fuel
- Achilles' gun damage increased
- Achilles' gun range increased from 45 to 48.5
- Firefly Ace can now crush heavy obstacles
- Axis defensive artillery use 100 ammo to be in overwatch mode for a duration of 150 seconds
- Axis defensive artillery require the 88mm Flak 36 AT/AA upgrade
- New British HQ can produce the new units of the mod and crush infantry.
- Royal Engineers cannot inflitrate buildings anymore.
- M3 Halftrack added to Royal Engineers.
- M3 Halftrack's pop cost set to 2.
- M36 added to combiner.
- Tank Aces don't gain armor at level 3 veterancy anymore.
- off-map Registered Artillery restored to axis bunker and observation post.
- Heroes gain less bonus with veterancy.
- AI can build new units of ToV and the mod.
- RAF radio is automatically targeted by enemy units.
- Repair pionneer can repair buildings.
- P-47 and Typhoon overwatch's cost increased to 285 ammo.
- Cost of boxes of FG42 reduced.
- HP of Flakpanzer38(t) increased from 350 to 375.
- Nebelwerfer's range set to 200 (default=150)
- "Allied War Machine" duration increased from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.
- Panzergrenadiers cannot build wooden bunker anymore.
- Elefant's icon fixed.
- Sprint ability added to PE special pioneers.
- Panzer Elite Tank Busters and Assault Grenadiers squads can keep at max 6 weapons instead of 5.
- Bug of the improved Booby trap ability of PE Schwimmwagen fixed
- PE King Tiger gain less bonus at level 4.
- Nebelwerfer recharge time reduction bonus at level 3 reduced from 10s to 5s.
- Halifax Carpet Bombing cost increased from 20 fuel to 30 fuel.
- PE Repair Station cannot heal infantry while being in construction anymore.
- Luftwaffe squad can salvage wrecks and throws grenades.
- Fallschirmj‰gers bug fixed in the combiner.
- Bren Carrier pop cost reduced to 2.
- Bren Carrier with flamethrowers pop cost increased to 6.
- Whermacht's Mortar Bunker HP increased from 850 to 1000.
- PE Mortar Bunker is smaller.
- US AI does not spam Mass-produced sherman anymore.
- When a Tank Ace die, the crew can escape and continue fighting.
- All factions can be selected on any side (Axis ou Allies).
- Number of Pershing reinforcement is limited to 8.
- Main Gun damage and penetration of the Tiger Ace and King Tiger against Pershing reduced by 5%.
- Powell's Thomson accuracy against moving infantry reduced by 20%
- Number of Luftwaffe squads and Fallschirmjager squads limited to 6.
- Reinforcement cost of pak38 reduced.
- Combiner compatible with Eastern Front 1.4
- Cost of 88 bunker increased to 360 manpower and 35 fuel.
- type_target_weapon of M36 changed from tp_armour_allies_m10_td to tp_armour_allies_sherman.
- Veterancy icons of Command Tank and Captain fixed.
- UI_group_position of Boys AT Rifle and Bren LMG switched.
How to start the combiner mod?
DO NOT INSTALL CHEAT MOD !!!!
Once you have installed correctly EF and NHC in your Company of Heroes folder (check it!), you can start the combiner mod.
To start the combiner mod, click on the shortcut on your desktop or on "Combiner.bat" in your "Company of Heroes" folder. It will automatically load both mod and mix them.
The Eastern Front mod is available here:
(It is a very big mod so it is highly recommended to defrag your disk after installation)
If you don't have both mod, the game will crash. Note that the Combiner gives priority to Eastern Front. So every features of
Eastern front are present with the combiner some part of the NHCmod are missing (e.g. Light tank cannot crush infantry, lower max pop than in NHCmod, ...)
The combiner also supports the Joint Ops mod which can be downloaded here:
Strategyinformer.com (with installer)
Filefront.com (without installer)
BONUS: Another add-on is available for the NHCmod. You can have german voices for Whermacht and PE and English for US and Commonwealth.
How to do that?
Simply download all the files from here:
and put them in the "NHCToV" folder: ...\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\NHCToV
The mod will automatically load them.
If the forum is down, here are the links for the needed files:
Megaupload.com (German voices for Wehrmacht)
Megaupload.com (German voices for PE and English voices for Brits part1)
Megaupload.com (German voices for PE and English voices for Brits part2)
Megaupload.com (English voices for US Skirmish)
Megaupload.com (English voices for US SinglePlayer Missions part1)
Megaupload.com (English voices for US SinglePlayer Missions part2)
Megaupload.com (German speech file for Tiger Ace campaign)
Megaupload.com (English speech for 2nd ToV campaign)
Megaupload.com (The original German speech file with one file from english version for 3rd ToV campaign)
(It is recommended to defrag your disk after installation)
How to play LAN/internet multiplayer game with the Combiner?
The public version of the combiner does not allow you to play in multiplayer. If you want to play in multiplayer you need to ask a private version of the combiner.