Multi Theft Auto (MTA) is an open-source software project that adds full on-line gaming support to Rockstar North's Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC game, in which this functionality is not originally found. It is the first open-source modification that adds a highly customizable network play element to a commercial closed-source single-player PC game. Developed as an experimental piece of software for earlier Grand Theft Auto series, Multi Theft Auto has become an advanced multiplayer platform for gamers and developers. Our software provides on-line gaming for dozens of players running user-generated gameplay content and scripts through a Lua virtual machine, and is freely distributed under the GPLv3 license.
Third stable release of the Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas multiplayer modification for GTA: San Andreas. This installer package consists of a game client, dedicated server for Windows and a resources package, which includes map editor and a race gamemode, along with several other gamemodes, maps and utility scripts.
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 or 7
- a non-modified PC version of GTA: San Andreas v1.0 European or North American - if you have a v1.1 or v2.0, or a German/Australian v1.0 executable, you can downgrade it to v1.0 by using our converter
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (and above) with August 2009 SDK updates - you can download it here
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable package - should be automatically downloaded and installed during the mod's setup. In case it is not, you can download it here
same as for the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC version
Simply run the installer and follow the instructions on your screen.
Changes since 1.0.1:
- 0005046: [General] Crash when firing a projectile (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004848: [Scripting] colShapes should be made attachable (Jax) - resolved.
- 0004285: [Synchronization] getElementposition returns the incorrect xyz of an element attached and offset from a vehicle (Jax) - resolved.
- 0005052: [General] Unable to run Launcher with a very long PATH env (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004662: [Server] setVehicleWheelStates re-inflates the wheel if -1 is specified, instead of ignoring the wheel (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004775: [Client] Error when maximizing the game, crash. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005050: [Scripting] Add version parameter to onPlayerConnect (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005061: [Server] Remove or make optional the /msg command (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004861: [Client] When disconnecting from a server you get a C++ error or a crash! (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005064: [Server] You can only start the map editor or local server once. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005017: [Server] Join flood check doesn't work. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005018: [General] More Ghostmode collision issues. (Race 465) (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005055: [Server] HTTP server can't bind to a specific IP (Arc) - resolved.
- 0005040: [Client] C++ Assertion failed error on click (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005044: [General] Crash when deleting parent elements from inside a child event (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005043: [General] Client freeze on quit (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005059: [Optional] [Race] Unable to get player vehicle while handling the 'onPlayerWasted' event (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005062: [Optional] Patch: race_delay_indicator dont show color codes (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005066: [Optional] Patch: race_voicepack bug (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005002: [Required] Vehicle Change Points Screw with player's Rotations. in Race mode. (ccw) - resolved.