Multi Theft Auto (MTA) is an open-source software project that adds full on-line gaming support to Rockstar North's Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC game, in which this functionality is not originally found. It is the first open-source modification that adds a highly customizable network play element to a commercial closed-source single-player PC game. Developed as an experimental piece of software for earlier Grand Theft Auto series, Multi Theft Auto has become an advanced multiplayer platform for gamers and developers. Our software provides on-line gaming for dozens of players running user-generated gameplay content and scripts through a Lua virtual machine, and is freely distributed under the GPLv3 license.
Second stable release of the Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas multiplayer modification for GTA: San Andreas. This installer package consists of a game client, dedicated server for Windows and a resources package, which includes map editor and a race gamemode, along with several other gamemodes, maps and utility scripts.
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 or 7
- a non-modified PC version of GTA: San Andreas v1.0 European or North American - if you have a v1.1 or v2.0, or a German/Australian v1.0 executable, you can downgrade it to v1.0 by using our converter
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c with August 2009 SDK updates - you can download it here
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable package - should be automatically downloaded and installed during the mod's setup. In case it is not, you can download it here
same as for the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC version
Simply run the installer and follow the instructions on your screen.
Changes since 1.0:
- 0004219: [General] Explosive barrel desynch (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004930: [Server] Server freeze and download problem with multiple linux servers (IJs) - resolved.
- 0004309: [Client] Tags are displayed with other tags under them. (ryden) - resolved.
- 0003119: [Synchronization] Improve player/vehicle interpolation and compensation (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004903: [Server] Bind IP fails to query (ccw) - resolved.
- 0002080: [General] 2 players with the same nickname causes network trouble. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004969: [Scripting] getElementsByType() does not return gui elements (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004970: [Scripting] deathmessages can report incorrect information (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004975: [Scripting] getElementsByType() sometimes returns invalid elements (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004976: [General] Crashes and continual memory consumption due to lua stack overflow (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004578: [Client] Vehicle desync when shot with shotgun or pushed (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004979: [Vehicles] Vehicle desync when driver is killed (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004980: [Scripting] onPlayerDamage sometimes has incorrect parameters (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004982: [General] Sometimes Anti-cheat does not work (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004960: [Scripting] fatal error (6) issue with clients joining a server with many objects in a small area (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004984: [Scripting] Lua math.randomseed() gets stuck with large numbers (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004849: [GUI / Menus / Console] Confusing account login (IJs) - resolved.
- 0004395: [GUI / Menus / Console] Add human readable download error messages (IJs) - resolved.
- 0004945: [Client] Refreshing favourites doesn't work (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004992: [Server] Some configuration file and command line parameters are not working correctly (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004991: [Server] Server silently continues if there is a HTTP port conflict (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004994: [Admin] ACL rights reset (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005020: [Server] GCC does not link against vendor/lua libraries (IJs) - resolved.
- 0004900: [Server] Turn dynamically loaded library dependencies into static libraries (IJs) - resolved.
- 0005022: [Server] Server does not compile and run on BSD/Mach systems (IJs) - resolved.
- 0005029: [Client] [Patch] Update (/ver) MTA Copyright. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004876: [Client] Crash during Race (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004874: [Server] setGlitchEnabled is apparently no longer synced (Jax) - resolved.
- 0002612: [Scripting] Spawning a player within the ground may damage the player a tiny bit on spawn, with false damage information. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004913: [Optional] Race resource (Mr.Hankey) - resolved.
- 0005001: [Optional] Players with a High ping get Thrown around thru vehicle changes in Race. (Arc) - resolved.
- 0005011: [Optional] Collision bug with death or just spawned. in race. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005005: [Optional] Ghostmode On in Destruction Derby maps in Race Gamemode. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005006: [Optional] Add Race Default Duration to the gamemodes Meta so anyone can change it eaisially. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005004: [Optional] Players Quitting restart map votes in Race Gamemode. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005009: [Optional] map fails to load correctly in Race Mode. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004865: [Optional] Can't move forward with vehicle (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004894: [Optional] [Race] Make checkpoint blips higher priority than player blips (Arc) - resolved.
- 0005028: [Optional] Race Timer Ending Restarts vote (Race 465) (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004952: [Required] Effect of resource "defaultstats" is gone after using resetMapInfo() (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005014: [Optional] No Respawn race maps do nothing when all players have died. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004972: [Optional] Toptimes Recource Needs a deletetime funtion. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005000: [Optional] DD Player Bug. (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004897: [Required] On long-online servers, Votemanager will at some point keep selecting the same resources to vote for. (Arc) - resolved.
- 0004868: [Optional] ghostmode not working on players who are spawning (race gamemode) (Arc) - resolved.