Return to the magical Island of Vvardenfell once more in this huge overhaul, Morrowind Rebirth. Find new enemies to fight, exciting areas to explore, gain access to new weapons to slay your foes or just roam the huge world that's out there. Whatever you do, you'll be sure to find something new and interesting in nearly every corner of the gameworld. Rebirth is close..don't miss it.
This time I'll preview some changes that will make the game a bit more balanced. The list also include some bugfixes so keep that in mind. If you have anything that you'd like to add (or perhaps remove), please don't be shy. I'm all ears!
Posted by trancemaster_1988 on Jan 28th, 2013
Work in progress picture from the new entrence to Vivec! Still a lot to be done though.
* "Ex_co_ship_trapdoorb" in Frostmoth docs have been replaced with "Act_Ex_DE_ship_trapdoor". "Ex_co_ship_trapdoorb" is scripted colony door and could cause problems.
* "chargen_plank" is duplicated in Frostmoth, so when the script "CharGenClassNPC" runs, "chargen_plank" is randomly removed from either Seyda Neen or Fort Frostmoth docks.
* Removed the smoke from Gorak Manor, there's no active fire inside.
* Removed several chimneys' in Pelagiad, some houses had no fireplaces.
* Added ownership to crate/barrels/misc items at Fort Frostmoth docks.
* Changed the name of the small "Drum" to "Guarskin Drum" to fit with the other, larger drum.
* The "Five Fingers of Pain" spell used to "damage health". I've changed this to "drain health". Also raised the spellcost from 7 points to 20.
* Some pieces of the Imperial Chain Armor set had the wrong AR value, fixed from 20 to 12.
* A few containers that should only hold clothes had gold in them, fixed.
* The Mace of Slurring didn't have "Igonores Normal Weapon Resistance" checked in the CS.
* Karpal's Friend didn't have "Igonores Normal Weapon Resistance" checked in the CS.
* Sword of Agustas didn't have "Igonores Normal Weapon Resistance" checked in the CS.
* Wind of Ahaz didn't have "Igonores Normal Weapon Resistance" checked in the CS.
* "Corprus weepings" will no longer restore your health. Also reduced the value from 25 to 1.
* Increased the damage caused by Ogrims and Ogrim Titans.
* Increased the value for "Bear Pelts" from 2 to 25.
* Increased the value for "Snow Bear Pelt" from 2 to 50.
* Increased the value for "Wolf Pelts" from 2 to 15.
* Increased the value for "Snow Wolf Pelt" from 2 to 30.
* Increased the value for "Bristleback Leather" from 2 to 10.
* Reduced the weight for "Raw Stalhrim" from 5 to 2.5.
* Reduced the cost for "Restore Health" spells. In v 2.0 I buffed the cost for "Restore Health", but I think I went a bit too far.
* Reduced the cost for Mages Guild Travel. Same case here, the cost was a bit too high to feel balanced.
* Reduced the area of effect for Frost/Lightning/Fire-Storm and Toxic Cloud from 10, to 8.
* Reduced the weight for "Raw Ebony" from 10 to 8.
* Reduced the weight for "Scrap Metal" from 10 to 5.
* Reduced the value for "Daedra Skin" from 200 to 100.
* Stalhrim weapons had a weight that didn't made sense if you compared them to their armor counterparts.
- Stalhrim Dagger weight from 5 to 4
- Stalhrim War Axe weight from 34 to 10
- Stalhrim Mace weight from 65 to 12
- Stalhrim Longsword weight from 70 to 15
* Stalhrim armor set were refered to as "Ice" in-game, changed to "Stalhrim"
* Rebalanced the cost of all apparatus. Weight will also be reduced based on the quality of the apperatus.
Apprentice's Mortar and Pestle from 100 to 75
Apprentice's Retort from 20 to 100
Apprentice's Alembic from 50 to 125
Apprentice's Calcinator from 10 to 150
Journeyman's Mortar and Pestle from 400 to 150
Journeyman's Retort from 80 to 200
Journeyman's Alembic from 200 to 250
Journeyman's Calcinator from 40 to 300
Master's Mortar and Pestle from 2400 to 300
Master's Retort from 480 to 400
Master's Alembic from 1200 to 500
Master's Calcinator from 240 to 600
Grandmaster's Mortar and Pestle from 4000 to 600
Grandmaster's Retort from 1600 to 800
Grandmaster's Alembic from 4000 to 1000
Grandmaster's Calcinator from 4000 to 1200
* Right now I'm improving exteriors/interiors that I haven't touched for a while. Mainly because I belive I've grown as a modder during the project but also because I want things to keep the same quality.
* I'll reduce the values for high end weapons in the next update. These values will be based upon the new costs for armors that I included in the previous version. Expect huge changes.
* I'll add a new texture pack in the next release, Buildings! This will include many bump mapped elements so keep an eye open for this one (I'm not the one doing the texturing). This pack will be optional.
* I'm thinking of adding a prefix for every spell, example D: Fireball (D = Destruction) , to make it less of a pain to find the spells you like to use. I'm not sure about this one yet. Any suggestions would be great.
That's it for now