Some of you may be confused as to why we’ve been so quiet for the last few weeks – especially since we released version 1.75 – which introduced a lot of the changes we’ll be listing as version 1.76 features. The answer is embarrassing: we found a lot of bugs that were show-stoppers.
That’s a story for another time, but sufficed to say – we’ve been treating the release of v1.75 as a “public beta-test” in which we’ve worked out many, many different bugs and balance issues. Our community of dedicated players have ALWAYS been very helpful in finding these bugs and offering suggestions on how we could improve the mod – and we’ve been very grateful for their help!
We compiled a list of every change we made to Modular Combat since our last major release (before v1.75) and it totaled to a thousand words. Who the hell wants to read all of that? So we’ve summarized it even further into the major changes. And here they are!
- New game element: Factions. Players can choose between the Combine, Aperture Science, or the Resistance. Fighting near players of your same faction will give you bonus experience and other benefits!
- New gamemode: Team Deathmatch
- New maps: Amplitude, and Cannon by Christoph Erhardt and Hydro by “Agent Smith”.
- New monsters: Hunters, Antlion Workers, Rollermines, Rollerbombs (an MC original!), and Zombines!
- 12 new modules: Minion Man Hack, Minion Antlion Worker, Armor Capacity, Clip Size, Running Man, Aux Power Tank, Armor Regen, Turrets, Poison Spit, Weaken, Brute Force, and Impact.
- Greatly improved Antlion Guard pathfinding and AI – be careful, this thing is scary!
- New melee weapon: Camera (or Vital Testing Apparatus), available only to Aperture Science.
- Shared Experience! No more kill stealing!
Wow! What a difference! If you’re one of those boring types that want to know every change we made, you can read it all here.
Download Modular Combat v1.76!
We just have a few notes for the people who have installed Modular Combat v1.75: You don’t need to download and install v1.76 because it’s a server-side only update! If you already have v1.75 installed, then you can just download the mappack and be on your merry way!
However, if you want play on your private server or in a lan with friends, then we suggest you download the full version! It’s under 50 megs!
Modular Combat requires the following things to play:
- Source SDK Base - Orange Box
- Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
- Half-life 2: Episode Two
As always, thanks for playing Moduar Combat - we can't wait to see you on the servers! Oh, and be sure to follow us on Mod DB and Twitter! Join our Steam Group for a chance to become player of the week and get interviewed by the dev team!
What side are YOU on?