First off, we'd like to thank Scott "GHz" Mirabito for his dedication to the Quake 2 mod, Vortex, for which this is the spiritual successor. Without his mod, the key gameplay elements of Modular Combat would not exist. If you have the time, and Quake 2, check out Vortex.
Secondly, we'd like to thank the c3gaming clan for all their support during our beta-testing period. They have really shown a great love for community and teamplay. Modular Combat probably would not have seen the light of day if it was not for them. Thank you.
We'd also like to thank Mod DB for graciously featuring MC on the frontpage this week and the weekend. And most of all, we want to thank the players who have been filling our server(s) for the past week. We can't describe the feeling of seeing players running around, killing monsters, and enjoying our hard work. Thank you. That being said, here are the changes:
- Monsters now have no color.
- Minions are colored blue.
- Minions and Lasers are now saved from friendly fire.
- Man Hacks now give experience for phsyics deaths.
- Added new commands: destroylasers and destroyminions.
- Added new cvar: cl_showexpgained (default: 1). If turned on, it will show how much experience you've gained for each kill in the console!
- Lowered monsters per player to 2, lowered wave time to 5 seconds. Increased max monsters to 30. This means that more monsters will spawn faster, and they will cater to the average server's level better.
The following module changes will be monitored over the next week.
- Cloak fully decloaks you on attack.
- Ammo Regen no longer gives Grenades or SMG1 grenades.
We're also happy to announce that we've bought another server for our mod to be hosted on, and we've named the servers: The Freeman Arena, and The Headhumpers Arena. As we purchase more servers, we will find names for them as well. Please note that The Freeman Arena is the server that came with the release, and The Headhumpers Arena is a complete new and fresh character database.
Finally, we'd like to say that we're working on a proper release for server files, but there are several things holding us back which I won't go into here. For the time being, we require special hosting setup. If you're interested in hosting a server for Modular Combat, feel free to contact Matthew Dryden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to donate to keep our official servers running, please visit this link.