Beta 0.5, Released 05.10.08. This release includes the source mod with the map included.
This mod was concieved when the first Mirrors Edge trailer was released. I was incredibly impressed by the visual aspects and gameplay so I set out to recreate it in the Source Engine.
In the media section of this mod page you can see how the mod is looking currently.
For now only the first map that was shown in the first trailer will be recreated. This will most likely change after I recieve the game and can work in greater detail on the map.
I did all of the modelling and mapping by sight while pausing the trailer in parts that I was working on.
This mod was created by one person. While working on it it has helped me to learn more about how all the parts of a game come together and helped to increase my skills in modelling,mapping and texturing.
It has also been a hell of a lot of fun!
Currently the mod is still in it's early stages, and only contains the map, no scripting of the ducking and jumping as of yet.
A Steam account with at least one Orange Box game,
Extract the 'Mirrors Edge Source' folder into your sourcemods folder at
Alot more infomation and images are availible at;
Feel free to comment
The Facepunch thread is located;
Please post all comments/problems/tips in this thread.
How to run this mod WITHOUT orange box game - Guide thanks too Geret
1. Unpack downloaded files to place where you keep steam mods, for example C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\Mirrors Edge Source (Yes, I know it won't show up on game list)
2. Go to "Tools" and install "Source SDK Base - Orange box" (I have it without buying orange box games, so i guess all Source users got it)
3. Click in "Tools" on "Source SDK Base - Orange box" after it's installed and then "Properties"
4. Now click on "Set launch options..."
-applaunch 215 -game "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\Mirrors Edge Source" (or place where you keep steam mods)
6. Click "Ok" and "Close" - now you can play this mod using Tools>Source SKD Base - Orange Box
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.