MERP is a total conversion modification of the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Explore Middle-earth in a fully open-ended environment like you've never seen before. Play races like Elves, Men, Hobbits and Dwarves and take part in the War of the Ring.
|Application for Concept Artist, Modeler/Texturer, and Environment Artist||Locked|
|Jun 14 2011, 4:36pm Anchor|
1. Contact Information: email@example.com - Skype: artfulshrapnel
2. Modding Related Skills: I am experienced with Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, Maya, Zbrush, and a handful of utilities for 3d asset creation.
I know how to model in both low and high poly, with my main focus being prop and environment design. I can UV map and texture my own work, as well as create normal, spec, alpha, or whatever other kind of map is needed. I've got a handle on node-based shader networks, though shader creation is not my strong suit. I can make character models, but I'm not an animator and don't have a ton of experience in modeling for animation; modifying a base character mesh to make new characters out of it is well within my capabilities.
I'm a trained painter and concept artist. I have a background in figure painting and fantasy art.
Other (possibly irrelevant) skills: Familiar with 3D printing technology and prep, background in graphic design and web design, basic ability to script or edit script (I get how code works, though I've never dealt with TES code specifically).
3. Post a sample of your work: My portfolio is online at Moodyillustrator.com. If you'd like I can post things in-thread, but I think this page does a nice job showing things off.
4. Lord of the Rings Knowledge: I dunno... I read the books before the movies came out, and made it about 3/4ths of the way through Silmarilion before I lost my copy. Enjoyed the films and their take on the visual style of middle earth, which seems to be a big influence on your visual style here.
5. Why you want to join MERP-TC: I enjoy modding and learning, and want to hone my skills as an environment artist for the fantasy genre.
|Jun 17 2011, 6:02am Anchor|
Hi artfulshrapnel , we manage all application in our dev forum, so please make a new account there ( Merp.straygenius.com) and paste your application in our application section.
|Jul 23 2011, 5:20pm Anchor|
I would like to apply for a concept artist position. I am experienced weapon, creature and building and landscape artist, who has yet publish his art on the net but i am in the process of making a website. I am also an avid Tolkien fan, having read The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Children of Hurin and the Silmarrilion. I am also a writer and would help do the plot if wanted.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Edited by: sushininja
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.