Mental Omega: Almost Perfect Yuri's Revenge is a free unofficial expansion pack for Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge. The mod retells and continues the storyline of the original game. Enhanced with Ares DLL, Mental Omega 3.3 strives to bring new features to the game, including a completely new side: the Foehn Revolt.
Release Date: December 16, 2016 --- READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! Remember to download soundtrack separately.
Mental Omega 3.3.0
This release includes:
To make Mental Omega (3.3.0) work on your computer, follow these instructions:
DO NOT INSTALL 3.3 WHERE 3.0 IS! They're incompatible!
1. Mental Omega 3.3 is not a standalone mod but it does not require a CD to be played.
However, it requires the following files from C&C Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge, patched to version 1.001:
- gamemd.exe (patched to version 1.001, from original CD, The First Decade or The Ultimate Collection release, if any other gamemd.exe file is used Ares DLL will not be injected and game won't start)
2. Either unpack all the contents of Mental Omega 3.3 archive to the location
of your Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge installation, or copy the game's directory,
rename it and unpack all the contents in the copied one.
Make sure no other modifications are installed in the directory where Mental Omega will be.
You can also simply create an empty directory, copy the files listed above to it
and extract the contents of Mental Omega 3.3 archive to the newly created directory.
The following is advised if you are playing Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge multiplayer on CnCNet:
DO NOT extract Mental Omega 3.3 files to the folder where CnCNet for Yuri's Revenge is installed.
3. If you have downloaded Mental Omega music, extract thememo.mix to the mod's location.
4. Run MentalOmegaClient.exe, configure the settings and play solo or multiplayer on CnCNet.
Here are some links you might find useful!
How to make Mental Omega 3.3 work?
How to play Mental Omega 3.3 on multiplayer?
Complete list of faction features in Mental Omega 3.3!
How you can contribute to further Mental Omega 3.3 development!
Other answers for very important and inevitable questions! Also troubleshooting.
If you encounter issues while playing the mod or when trying to run it, ask on our forums or here as well.