I work on the missing cooperative mod for the classic Medal of Honor. The future depends on the postgamespy age and the popularity of the mod.
As I promised, here is the first 2 Chapters with 11 levels from ALLIED ASSAULT and the full SPEARHEAD with its 9 levels.
As I promised, here is the first 2 Chapters with 11 levels from ALLIED ASSAULT and the full SPEARHEAD with all of its 9 levels. Now lets start to download and let me see those COOP servers, before they kill Gamespy, but pls read the most important information below, before start the game!
- the mod runs from SPEARHEAD only!
- check the video settings for new resoultions and a new Fullscreen button.
- sometimes the dedicated servers blocking (don't know why), if you run a dedicated server, keep one of your eye on it. Listen servers work 100%
- Pickup the large, grey smoke columns to change the respawn zone. (In the previous version I used an ugly green box, but this custom model blocked the joining of those players who hasn't got the mod)
- You'll notice some smaller gameplay changings, because the original mapsripts was designed to only 1 player. (I never knew in general what does this designing means until I start to work on the mod)
- You can choose SKILL levels! (Easy, Normal and Hard) Easy inludes the original enemy-amounts with a lower player-damage (similar like in SP), on Normal you'll meet with 10-15 bonus enemies per map, plus you'll get normal damage. On Hard Skill, you'll face with 25-30 bonus enemies /map and you'll die easier. (so don't be suprised if on Easy skill you'll see 400 health on your teammate)
- You can start dedicated server, with using the attached '_COOP_AA_SH.bat' file. You can modify the linked 'mainta\coop_server_AA_SH.cfg' file to customizing.
- You can play only as ALLIED player! It arrays for those, who joins into the game (they can respawn as Axis, but after some secs they will spawn as Allied)
- I suggest to disable the Friendly Fire, because most of the MOHAA-MP fan doesn't know what does COOPERATIVE GAMEPLAY means. (It's personal experience, which came from the tests)
- extract the zip into your 'Medal of Honor' folder. Recommended to remove the othe mod's pk3 files! If you want to play Single Player, remove the pk3 file from mainta folder.
Starting the mod:
- Start SPEARHEAD and go to Multiplayer room.
- to Delovoy for the testings and his professional videos, and
- to Gábor for his great helps and nice scripts for allied spawnings and health system.
Finally: we had not enough time for deep testing, but every map is well playable. If you find a big bug which causes crash or earthquake, pls write about it here and we try to fix. I know that a professional scripter could make much better mod, don't ask me why wasn't made a Cooperative Campaign mod in the last 13 years for the Medal of Honor series...
Until: Enjoy the mod!
Thanks for your patience,
What about the future? It depends on 2 important things: the post-gamespy-solution and the download numbers of the mod:))) My personal opinion is, that Breakthrough was the best from the series.