After several months of toil, trouble, unbelievable bugs and numerous small animal sacrifices we are proud to announce the immediate release of Mechwarrior : Living Legends Open Beta 0.4.0 Total Conversion modification for Crysis and Crysis Wars!
MechWarrior: Living Legends is a total conversion modification for Crysis and Crysis Wars that buildes upon MechWarrior and BattleTech games of the past to provide players with an entirely new combined arms combat experience. Players make use of 'Mechs, tanks, hovercraft, VTOLs, aerospace and powered armour to engage in battle across massive otherworldly landscapes.
MechWarrior: Living LegendsÂ was the recipient of Editors Choice Multiplayer Mod of the Year 2009, Players Choice Mod of the Year 2009 and Honourable Mention Players Choice Mod of the Year 2010 from ModDB.
The 0.4.0 public open beta brings the following new features:
- Dual-platform support for Crysis and Crysis Wars
- New Game Mode :: Terrain Control
- New Unit :: Hephaestus Clan Hovercraft
- New Unit :: Morrigu Clan Assault Tank
- New Unit :: Thor Clan Heavy Mech
- New Weapon :: Clan Heavy Lasers
- New Weapon :: Inner Sphere X-Pulse Lasers
- New Weapon :: Clan Advanced Tactical Missile (ATM)
- 5 mode-specific maps; including 2 brand new ones for Terrain Control
- New Feature :: Game Files Build & Repair Utility
- New Feature :: Automatic Updater Utility for all future patches
- New Feature :: Extended League Mode Support
- New Battle Armour HUD interface
- Additional Custom Actionmapper Support
- Renaming of Game Mode :: Solaris Arena is now known as Team Solaris Arena
- Bonus Map :: TSA_Palisades
- Custom Remote Server Configuration and Control Interface
Terrain Control brings a new objective-based game mode centered on the capture and control of key locations on a game map. Kills and enemy damage are still a factor, but are weighed less than having terrain under your teams control. MWLL 0.4.0 Total Download Size :: 2.2 GB For a more detailed list including bug fixes and some known issues (not all of them) please refer to our Changelog page.
Since our initial release (Tuesday December 27) we have had two hotfixes to address unforseen launch issues, bringing the current release level to 0.4.2
Click here to visit our site for download and installation instructions.Â The download file has been uploaded to moddb.com under our Downloads page and is currently pending authorization.
Release Media Gallery: