Mech Commander Omnitech is standalone game. There is no need for Mech Commander 2 installation nor disk. There is no need for XNA installation any more...
Mechcommander OmniTech is a standalone game based on Mechcommander 2 shared source code release by Microsoft. A game based in the universe of a great and fun franchise, a game with lots of tactical components and full of possibilities. There is no need for Mechcommander 2 installation nor disk.
NEWS UPDATE 10022014
WHAT IS NEW
- Salvage pilot selection list box - player can select pilot for in-mission salvage.
- Formations button added to control gui, connected with hot key K. Added formations descriptions.
- Xna is completely removed from the game.
- I made an universal brain file and how to make purchase files TXT
- Logistics Pilot - read ID from pilot file. Unique pilot ID added to all Pilot files.
- Start Camera direction is in the direction of the first players unit.
- New Pilot Hire Screen, hire additional pilots. You can hire as many as you want, but you will have to pay them after each mission.
- New sound effects for Autocannons, Lasers, MGs and Gauss.
- Vehicles can repair in Vehicle Repair Bay.
- Buildings can now have up to 3 different (max 4, 2 nodes use first) activity effects. Required ActivityEffectID, ActivityEffect1ID and ActivityEffect2ID in building FIT file (object). Required activity nodes in model file: activity_node, activity_node1, activity_node2 and activity_node3.
- New building texture for city4storyH (wolfman), new 4 story building Film studio (texture by wolfman)
- New textures for cityBlock6Story2 and cityBlock6Story3 (by wolfman).
- Minelayer can be repaired in Vehicle Repair Bay and be minelayer again after repairs.
- Repair truck can be repaired and recharged in Vehicle Repair Bay.
- Old Specialty skills removed,
- 3 new specialty skills added: Ballistic, Energy and Missile. Calculated per shots fired and shot hits. Can raise hit chance up to 10%.
- Pilot ready screen - attribute meters for specialty skills added.
- If pilot is on the roster and in purchase file dont create purchase entry for that pilot.
- Turret shot animation added.
WHAT IS CHANGED
- Thor UV fixes.
- Formations fix - follow first lead in selection.
- ABL command settxtbuildingname fixed.
- Pilot Ready screen changed - button for Pilot Hire Screen added.
- Save game format changed.
- salvage craft deploy sound changed and matched with changes for pilot salvage selection.
- Omen mech fix (300 les polys (2000)), omen shadow model (298 polys), Omen spotlight fix..
- Mech repair bay is now closed when empty.
- Mech Bay fix, Mech Bay Texture Fix, Mechwarrior Barracks Texture Fix.
- New Repair Bay texture.
- Better laser effects.
- Jagermech3 texture fix
- Better Awesome texture.
- Better Portable repair Bay Texture.
- Gate object fix - not reading gate name from file.
- Turrets object fix - not reading turret name from file.
- Gargoyle (magic, used ThorCs model as reference).
- Bushwacker (902 polys).
- Mechwarrior Barracks model.
- Mech Bay.
- Timberwolf model and animation (12 weapon nodes)
- Catapult redesign - 9 weapon nodes.
- Vehicle Repair Bay and animation.
- 2 new city2story buildings (wolfman).
- Heavy, Light and Medium copter props by wolfman and me.
- Atlas model and texture.
- MadCat MK2 model (12 weapon nodes), animation and texture.
- Tunnel (texture by wofman).
- Forgotten Davion, Liao and Steiner diagonal walls.
- Marauder model and animation (10 weapon nodes).
- Victor model (9 weapon nodes).
- New mech Thunderbolt (9 weapon nodes)
NEW Building set based on one texture:
- Vehicle Reapir Bay and animation.
- medium wall, medium Gate.
- Light Gate and Wall.
- CannonTurret with shot animation.
- HeavyCannonTurret with shot animation.
- PPC Turret.
- LRM turret.
- Turret control.
- MW Barracks.
- Animated model powergenerator.
- animated Artillery turret.
- Command Center
Highest Rated (2 agree) 10/10
A great universe expansion for a game that I have always enjoyed. Kudos to the team, and to Microsoft for releasing the source code so any true battletech fan short on cash can enjoy this project. Definitely looking forward to the MCG campaigns to be released.
Feb 6 2013, 4:22pm by Resonance