MCO NEWS 2305012
MCO is not dead, it has many new features:
- redesigned mission GUI - MC1 style,
- damage transfer from mission to logistics,
- every weapon has its own weapon range - new ranges calculation, simple math instead of predefined tables in mc2,
- ECM works as ECM umbrella now, all friendly mechs under ECM range are invisible for sensors,
- New simple math calculations for LOS, increased LOS for high ground,
- New Beagle probe, increase sensor range and can detect shutdown mechs,
- max unit textures are now up to 512x512,
- max game detail textures... can go up to 1024x1024,
- new detail textures fixed that ugly looking terrain,
- new building textures, redesign of existing textures.
- redesigned old overlays and over 100 new overlays, cement, grass, terrain...
- additional ammo bins for all weapons,
- player can hire local mercs in mission if allowed by mission designer. Full control of those merc mech and vehicles for the duration of the mission,
- theres more but thats all I can remember at the moment.
One more thing, MCO is at ver 212.
Working on damage icons for logistics, after that I will do weapon damage transfer and finally new mechlab.
New MCO will not be available online for now.
There were some drastic changes in terrain so all missions had to be transferred from old format to new format with EditorTransfer (editor version that reads old map format and save as new).
It is done for Exodus and MW2 mercs, working on Carver and other campaigns.