James McCaffrey no more! Our favorite Sam Lake busts into the Max Payne 3 campaign for a nostalgic reminder of his high amount of constipation and low amount of polygons. This replaces ALL singleplayer outfits in the game with either the old school low polygon Max from the original Max Payne, or the high poly HD remodel that Rockstar made for Max Payne 3 - this means playing through the campaign and arcade mode as him.
Here is the download, the old school low poly and the new school HD remodel Max Payne that replaces every Max in the campaign for Max Payne 3. Thank you, Diet Kane, for testing. Check out the full description for install instructions.
1. Install OpenIV if you do not have it already (ovisetup.exe included in this download, or download from www.openiv.com)
(Sorry, I generally don't like when you have to install something else to use a mod, but OpenIV has a REALLY easy-to-use mod format and I guarantee it's a million times easier than having to upload a 340 mb file instead of this nice 20 mb installer for the mod. It's for the greater good!)
2. Launch Open IV, set it up with your Max Payne 3 install folder
3. Create a backup of 'playerped.rpf' BEFORE you install the mod. It's very important you back this up because if you don't and you want to get rid of this mod, you'll have to either re-install the game, or if you own it on Steam, verify the game's cache, or get a friend to upload the original playerped.rpf - but it's a very large file, so it better be a patient friend.
This file is located in "Max Payne 3/pc/models/cdimages" and is about 347 MB. The Max Payne 3 folder should be in "Program Files/Rockstar Games" if you installed the retail copy, or in "Steam/steamapps/common/Max Payne 3" if you bought it off Steam.
4. Double click the .OIV file included in this download, OR go to 'Tools >> Package Installer' within Open IV and select the file.
5. Pick which Max you want to install. (The original low poly model from the first game or the HD remodel that Rockstar made)