The Maelstrom Mod introduces three new races to the Sins of a Solar Empire Universe. They are independent of the original races and have unique strengths and weaknesses. Maelstrom is available Rebellion, Diplomacy, Entrenchment and Original Sins.
Well, I've tried so many mods for Soase.
Usually I play Diplomacy since is out.
Maelstrom has many points of success:
1) First of all, a developer still acting to reach his goal. A well-prepared and original developer...
2) The work in progress: as you can see in the forum, the mod is still growing and optimizing well thanks to the continuous exchange of the opinion between the developer and the users.
3) Originality: maybe the three new races can get similar to the original ones, at first sight. Ma try to play with every single race. You can notice the difference after some worlds colonized.
4) Reserch, Planets and many other stuff: I'm trying more & more matches to find all the stuff the developer has inserted in the game and I can't find the same scheme indeed.
5) Graphics: the scalability of the graphics in Soase makes its success. Also who hasn't got a great graphic card and processors can play it. With Malestrom also at Medium Graphic Set you can enjoy a very beautiful space landscape.
6) Balanced: well balanced. Not easy at all (who want that? ahahah!), but well balanced. It's easy to create new races and make the old vanish in the dazzling explosions of new powerful skills or ships. But the real success is to insert the new and merge functionally and enjoyably with the old, extending the playability of the game ad libitum.
So, thank for the patience to read all.
You will be satisfied.
See'ya &... "Clear Skyes!"