The Maelstrom Mod introduces three new races to the Sins of a Solar Empire Universe. They are independent of the original races and have unique strengths and weaknesses. Maelstrom is available Rebellion, Diplomacy, Entrenchment and Original Sins.
This is an Exceptional mod with realatively quick updates and basiclly doubles the fun with the game. it adds many new planet types, research types, and 3 new races. this is bassicly another expansion created by the orriginal developers with it's feel. this mod easily tops my score meter, thank you developers of this mod. you guys are awsome.
this mod adds a whole lot and i mean a Hole lot of diversity to the gameplay concidering the new races and not to mention the new planet types that make me.. yeah, im not gonna go there
but i have given this mod a 9/10 because i found out the hard way that it has a tendancy to just rage quit on its own and put you at the desktop and youre left asking WTF?! was that! MY GAME!! NOOO!!!.
other than that, it would have gotten a 10/10 from me
Me and a couple of friends have been utilizing this mod. We love the new content! Great work guys! Keep it up. No complaints except for a minor one: maybe somehow either show all the portraits for the factions, or put them in the screen shots on the mod page. Again thanks a lot for this mod, one of the greatest ones out there!
Well, I've tried so many mods for Soase.
Usually I play Diplomacy since is out.
Maelstrom has many points of success:
1) First of all, a developer still acting to reach his goal. A well-prepared and original developer...
2) The work in progress: as you can see in the forum, the mod is still growing and optimizing well thanks to the continuous exchange of the opinion between the developer and the users.
3) Originality: maybe the three new races can get similar to the original ones, at first sight. Ma try to play with every single race. You can notice the difference after some worlds colonized.
4) Reserch, Planets and many other stuff: I'm trying more & more matches to find all the stuff the developer has inserted in the game and I can't find the same scheme indeed.
5) Graphics: the scalability of the graphics in Soase makes its success. Also who hasn't got a great graphic card and processors can play it. With Malestrom also at Medium Graphic Set you can enjoy a very beautiful space landscape.
6) Balanced: well balanced. Not easy at all (who want that? ahahah!), but well balanced. It's easy to create new races and make the old vanish in the dazzling explosions of new powerful skills or ships. But the real success is to insert the new and merge functionally and enjoyably with the old, extending the playability of the game ad libitum.
So, thank for the patience to read all.
You will be satisfied.
See'ya &... "Clear Skyes!"