The L.U.R.K. team wants to provide the best possible experience from Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, we don't plan to skew the scope of this game, because I, like many others, fell in love with the game because of the story, the realistic gameplay, and the atmosphere. I plan to preserve and improve on that concept to the best of my abilities, and our team has vowed to do so as well. Which is why we took it upon ourselves to provide that experience. We want to fulfill a niche that's otherwise unfulfilled in the modding community. We want to bring as many features to Stalker without damaging or changing the original theme of the game. While improving upon that concept with features that were dropped off the development cycle from GSC, such as stealth AI, and a strong foundation for balance, as well as dynamic A-Life, and an unprecedented visual presentation that no other Stalker Overhaul can touch.

Forum Thread
Thank you! Awesome mod! 1 Question (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl : Mods : L.U.R.K. : Forum : Questions : Thank you! Awesome mod! 1 Question) Locked
Thread Options
May 20 2010 Anchor

I've been plagued by problems in past mods like ABC, Inferno, OL, but in LURK it has been very stable for me. No crashes from asking about jobs, no crashes while trading, no crashes with level transitions [up to scientist bunker get lab documents part]. Never a CTD or BSOD, which were common after 1 hour with OL 2.2 or any other good-sized mod. LURK is stable and has quality and quantity custom content!!! Thank you for all your hard work guys.

Now... lol

Nothing new in terms of demands like others:
please add ability to scope/silence/grenade launch weapons. The nagat rifle is awesome and it says I can attach a PSO scope but I can't put one it? Make attachments work... that and please have the ability to trade guns/ammo with NPCs. Beyond those things any maybe a freeplay addition, this mod is awesome. Thank you for your hard work. As a 3d-modeler that has and is working with modder teams I understand that a ton of work goes into the modding process, even a simple mod let alone a LURK or OL-sized mod.

A question though, is there a list of where I can find guns? I'm looking for some sniper weapons... right now I'm using my M4A1 scoped with an ACOG and it's far from an accurate weapon. I had a VAL but my ammo runs out so fast. I suppose I need to progress further in the mod to find Galils, M3 shotty, desert eagle, etc but is there a random weapon lying around hidden in each level or something like how OL did it?

Thanks again for the awesome mod.

=======

Bump

I am at the end quest, pripiyat, and I'm looking at the weapon list on the features page here and I've only found like half of the games guns. No snipers, g36s, [my deagle looks very different in-game], no m3 shotguns, no m416s, etc. Are they all in pripiyat or do characters get new guns after I beat game and leave it and return to the zone to explore?

Thanks.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.