Install Instructions: 1. Extract contents into your sourcemods folder (default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods). 2. Restart...
Lambda Wars (formerly called Half-Life 2: Wars) brings the struggle between the human resistance and their Combine overlords to a multiplayer real-time strategy setting. The Lambda Wars beta only requires Alien Swarm installed to play, but you must own HL2: Episode 2 on your Steam account. It features 3 multiplayer game modes: Sandbox, Annihilation and Overrun, showcasing the Rebels and Combine playable factions and a full-fledged RTS interface and HUD. There is also a singleplayer tutorial and a handful of singleplayer missions.
The Lambda Wars requires you own Half-Life 2: Episode Two and Alien Swarm to play. Alien Swarm must be installed.
For questions, comments, suggestions, and support for any of our past or upcoming betas, visit our forums.
Hi folks! Lambda Wars is back with another small update. Beta 2.3.4 is intended mainly to fix a couple of major bugs and add some small balancing changes, so there's not much to see here this time around - but it does resolve the major animation issues in 2.3.3.
We're already hard at work on 2.3.5, which will be a more substantial release with some exciting new features, so stay tuned! In the meantime, you can download Beta 2.3.4 from one of our mirrors below and read on for the full changelog. Note that you can download a patch that updates Beta 2.3.3 to 2.3.4, a 7zip archive for the full 2.3.4 files, or an EXE installer for 2.3.4.
Enjoy, and as always please feel free to stop by our community forums to let us know what you think (as well as report bugs and suggest features)!
Lambda Wars 2.3.4 changes
Improvements and Balance:
* Increased Synth toughness against Slash and Bite (minor antlion/zombie/headcrab attacks), now Hunters make more sense in Overrun
* Added Metal attribute (tougher than Synth) for Dog and future superheavy full-metal units
* Added Crush attribute for Antlion Guard attacks, like Slash but dealing full damage to Synth and Metal
* Damage adjustments of Hunter charge and Strider impale attacks to improve gameplay
* Reduced Strider health from 2500 to 2000
* Increased range Combine Headcrab Canister Launcher from 4000 to 6000
* Combine Headcrab Canister Launcher must now be powered when launcher canisters
* UPDATED: hlw_village
* Randomized attack building target of enemies to prevent enemies from attacking the same player all the time on some maps
* Building construction animations not playing correctly
* Auto-construction animation of Combine Power Generator looking laggy/choppy
* Various animations not played when first playing a local game and then joining a multiplayer game
* Late precache of buildings and units occurring after starting a game from the lobby
* Air units (e.g. Manhack, Strider) not moving to their exact waypoints on a route to a goal, causing navigation issues
* Combine Metro Police does not play correct animation when falling (T-pose)
* Updated the tool bar style
Latest tweets from
It can take up to a few hours for tweets to begin appearing.