Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod is a huge expanded campaign for Medieval II Total War Kingdoms expansion. The mod focuses on increasing the size of the Grand Campaign. Which includes a huge new map, 7 new factions, and all the units from Kingdoms. The challenge is also a lot greater and the mod includes improved battle AI and campaign AI. And is quite possibly the hardest mod for Medieval II Total War.
First of all, we are way past 4.1 on TWC. ModDB sadly does not have the files. But the developers have uploaded it to mediafire, why they don't simply upload it here is beyond me.
Step 1 - Download the installer .exe with the base mod files: (Steam cant find kingdoms, below for info)
KGCM 3.0 download link: Mediafire.com
Step 2 - Install patch 4.2 to the folder containing your Kingdoms.exe file:
KGCM 4.2 download link: Mediafire.com
Step 3 - Install patch 4.3 to your ...mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod folder:
KGCM 4.3 download link: Mediafire.com
KGCM 4.3 alternate link: Filedropper.com
Some fixes for after completing the above
(I have not installed these myself but will probably do so in the future)
Steam users will most likely have to do the Steam Instructions before installing.
3.0 - Is straight forward, just click next on all of them.
4.2 - Point to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War
(Your's might be slightly different)
4.3 - Point to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod
(Your's might be slightly different)
Launching the mod - After installing everything, i was left with no way of launching the mod. So a little trick i did to make it easily available is the following
Steam update removed the kingdoms.exe to fix this do the following.
If that does not work, you're one of the unlucky ones and you will have to do the Regedit instructions.
If you do this and mess up your computer (and you can seriously brick it if you don't pay attention), that's your own fault. Read carefully.
01. Put 'regedit' in the run box.
02. Go to HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
03. Right click in empty space somewhere on the right pane.
04. Select New > String Value
05. Type 'AppPath' without the quotes and hit enter
06. Right click 'AppPath' and select Modify...
07. In the bottom box put your M2TW install directory. Example - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War
08. Right click in empty space somewhere on the right pane.
09. Select New > String Value
10. Type 'language' without the quotes and hit enter
11. Right click 'language' and select Modify...
12. In the bottom box put your language. Mine says 'english' without the quotes.
13. Right click in empty space somewhere on the right pane.
14. Select New > String Value
15. Type 'version' without the quotes and hit enter
16. Right click 'version' and select Modify...
17. In the bottom box put '1.03.00' without the quotes.
18. Close the registry.
19. Try the KGCM 3.0 installer again.
Hope all of this was helpful, i love this mod and i know the feeling of wanting to play a mod and it not working. Thereby also saying "Fuuud it", quit, slam, delete files, uninstall MW2 and never look at it again. So lets hope you wont have to do that.
If something is wrong or you want to add something please feel free to tell me.
Links to TWC pages (I think that's all of them, might have missed one or two.)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.