This mod puts you in the role of an athlete in a brutal futuristic sport called Kanonball. This Half-Life mod lets you play the brutal futuristic sport...
Make no mistake - this is the spectacle of accelerated evolution. Take your place at the front-line, for yours is the chance to succeed where others will surely fail. No matter the pain, no matter the odds, stand firm - glory awaits those that master themselves. Ready?
- Kanonball is an intense 1st person futuristic sports simulation of the most brutal contact sport ever devised.
- In true sporting fashion, Kanonball offers players a unique team-play environment that rewards skill and cunning, team-work and communication.
- Players can leap, back flip, lunge, slide, charge and hurl in their quest to become the Champions of the Kanonball League.
- Play in several stunning arenas, each offering exciting game-play variations.
- Presented through an Interactive Cinematic Aesthetic that crystallises drama for an intense gaming experience.
The Playability Award is awarded to Kanonball. For those of you who live under a rock and still have no clue what "Half-Life" or a what a "mod" can do for your pc? Man-o-man do we have a treat for you. Visit Kanonball's profile and you will see the interview and some exclusive screenshots. With a "Mod Rating Mesmerising (9.3 / 10)" how could you go wrong?
Quote:modDB.com: Describe the best feature in the mod in your opinion? What should the person look for that they might miss?
The best feature of Kanonball is we deliberatly made a contact sport, and not a combat sport. Kanonball is a violent sport, but we didn't want the game to degenerate into melee fighting - otherwise, Kanonball would be a very poor Tekken style clone. To win in Kanonball, you have to score. There are several gameplay mechanisms in place that compell the player to play Kanonball as it was intended - you can still knock players down, but the real fun is scoring goals. In most 1st person games, all the action occurs at medium to long range with guns. In Kanonball, the action is all close-up, and it makes for a brutally fun and unqiue experience.