This C&C4 Art & Sound Pack contains most of the C&C4 units and structures and it excludes most civilian, neutral and other assets. Shaders...
Updated 7-19-2014 -- New working support powers will be in version 1.8.
New bugs/issues list: Moddb.com
I decided to come back out of retirement and finish this mod once and for all. There are some leftover fixes I needed to do. Although I did mention version 1.71 as the final version, it ain't final yet. There will be a version 1.8 as the final version (once again) but I cannot guarantee for a version 1.9 after this one. Not all maps I have planned for to develop will be released.
Also please do not ask in the comments section whether the sub-faction AI to work in-game will be inputted because I will not answer it again. Ever since I asked CNCLabs team about it, one of the developers told me that only one faction can do it and that's the neutral faction. So out of 7 sub-factions from my mod as custom factions, I can only apply to one of them as an AI by re-using a neutral faction and cannot apply that to other multiple factions which I think it may be a restriction to C&C3 modding. I haven't tried applying the skirmish AI coding formula from Zero Hour to C&C3, but so far I haven't tried successfully to get a neutral faction AI working in-game as a custom faction since then.
It's been over three months since I last updated the news for this mod, so I hope you guys are patient once again. The next release date is still to be determined and only when it's done. I am attempting to polish as much content and changes as I possibly can. When it's done, this mod will be released into two parts and a guaranteed size of the biggest C&C3 mod so far at over 1 GB in size.
As skirmish/MP maps are concerned, I need to get at least over 100 skirmish maps playable for this mod by then. Blizzard's Starcraft II with the first expansion has 164 of them, all official maps! So far I have added several more 6-player and 8-player maps to the list and more will be added soon.
So far more than half of the progress have been done for KW Reloaded 1.8, and possibly this may will be the final release if the changes I wanted do work in the mod. However, changes like enabling the skirmish AI for sub-factions and changing the AptUI will not be in the final version. Bug fixes are still in the works. So here are the revision 2 changes for KW Reloaded 1.8.
• New universal font change for this entire mod (menus and in-game), Eurostile URW. This font also needs to be installed in “C:\Windows\Fonts” (or equivalent) in order for the font to work in-game or else you will wind up getting the Arial Unicode MS font seen instead. Bug issue: it appears the only way to work is by installing as many different types of Eurostile fonts (if you can download some of them as free) into Windows.
• Most unit abilities will now require a small cost of credits to use. This may affect some SP campaign missions. See each faction changes for details.
• Research time has been nerfed for all upgrades. (some of them have their upgrade timing doubled and some cost values increased)
• Some structures have their power unit requirements increased because some of them are too low.
• Veterancy is now applied to all defensive structures. The ranking to defensive structures is the same as units.
• Previously missing experience level coding for some structures have been added in.
• All structures (except fake and defensive structures) will have limited radius gap space to build for other structures.
• All refineries when built will gain 100 additional credits per ten seconds. Dock time for harvesters reduced to 8 secs.
• Call for Transport for all GDI and NOD factions now cost 50 credits each to use instead of 100.
• Re-added 44 KW skirmish/MP maps, KW terrain textures and modified SP maps (with given power) into the mod. The modified SP Campaign maps are separate from the mod and might need to be moved to the SP folder of the C&C3 game directory to overwrite it.
• Added 20 Predatore, 4 Noodlesocks and several other user skirmish/MP maps. (all to be used with permission) Also added more new created skirmish/MP maps from myself plus several missions to play with. Those new and modified maps have been compiled for faster loading.
• Civilian units that were not selectable in-game are now selectable and can be destroyed in battle. (Usable for SP custom missions)
• Added Kane’s Wrath ambient sounds into the mod. (usable for Worldbuilder).
• Added or replaced 5 Frank Klepacki new tracks into the mod. Extended the score track for C&C3 with KW tracks.
GDI Changes: (*applies to all GDI factions)
• Added Gauss Sheppard Tank as a tier-4 unit buildable from the Reclamation Hub.
• Added buildable barricaded walls instead of cheap thin walls. Those barricaded walls can be destructible.*
• Pitbull now has a Sensor Scan and EMP Blast abilities. Stealth-detect range reduced to 100. The cost of using EMP Blast is the same as Enlightened/Awakened. Cost of the unit increased to 900/10. * (not done)
• Predator Tank now has its HEAT ability with a cost of 300 to use and a 30 second cooldown. (also applies to ZOCOM) – (not done)
• Shatterer now has the Overload Beam ability with a cost of 300 to use.*
• Hammerhead and Firehawk can now use Sensor Scan ability.* (not done)
• Smoking Grenades ability now costs 100 to use.*
• EMP Grenades ability now costs 200 to use.*
• Stratosphere ability now costs 100 to use.*
• MARV now has an ability to use its HEAT ability.*
• Bombardment for Juggernauts (including battleships) cost 100 to use.*
• All units using Sensor Scan or Sensor Pod ability will now cost 100 to use.*
Steel Talons Changes:
• Added Gauss Titan as a tier-4 unit buildable from the Reclamation Hub.
• Adaptive Armor costs 100 to use with a 15 second cooldown. (also applies to GDI Mammoth Tank)
• Wolverine now has a Sensor Scan ability.
• Sandstorm now has a Sensor Pod ability.
• Repair APC now has mines to place on the battlefield.
• Added Gauss Sheppard Tank as a tier-4 unit buildable from the Reclamation Hub.
• Replaced USA Patriot Missile with the modern version from Madin and now it has the EMP upgrade ability.
• Added Allied Turret to replace Guardian Cannon for ZOCOM.
• Added Allied SAM Site to replace AA Battery for ZOCOM.
• Added Gauss Sheppard Tank as a tier-4 unit buildable from the War Factory. Requires Space Command Uplink.
• Talon now has a Sensor Scan ability. Stealth detect range reduced to 100.
• Shockwave now has the Overload Beam ability.
• Conductor now has the Sensor Pod and Placing Mines abilities.
NOD Changes: (*applies to all NOD factions)
• Added Cobra ingame. Cobra costs 1600/16 and is a tier-3 unit.
• Signature Generator for the Venom cost 50 credits to use.*
• EMP Burst for Raider Buggy and Kane cost 100 to use.*
• Rage Generator for the Redeemer cost 300 to use.*
• Disruption Pod for the Vertigo cost 100 to use.*
Black Hand Changes:
• Confessor’s attack range is now the same range as Sniper Squad. That unit is now a Tier-2 unit with a cost of 1000/10 and requires Secret Shrine and Operations Center to be built.
• Added Khan’s Flame Tower as additional defense. It does not require power and is immune to EMP.
• Confessor and Elite Confessor Hallucinogenic Grenades cost 150 to use.
Marked of Kane Changes:
• Added Basilisk and Cobra ingame. Basilisk is a tier-4 unit and costs 3000/30.
• Increased hit points for Cyborg Commando, Cyborg Reaper and The Awakened.
• Cyborg Commando will no longer use C4 explosives on buildings and will now rely on using its primary weapon. Primary weapon damage increased significantly on any unit or structure on impact. Pre-attack damage before firing has been removed. Hit points increased by 100. Cost increased to 3000/30.
• Cyborg Reaper can no longer attack enemy aircraft. (Why did I miss this earlier?)
• Underminer is now buildable from the Redeemer Engineering Facility.
• Avenger Tank, Tyrant Tank, Underminer and Cyborg Reaper model sizes shrunk by 10%. They were still too large to be seen alongside smaller units.
• EMP Blast range cost 200 to use for both Awakened and Enlightened.
Scrin Changes: (*applies to all Scrin factions)
• Scrin will have Seeker Tank Squad, Gun Walker Squad, Devourer Tank Squad and Corrupter Squad to be built under the Warp Chasm as Tier 4 units. The only squads in one applicable for this are 4 Gun Walkers, 4 Seekers, 4 Devourers and 4 Corrupters.*
• Terraforming Nexus is now available to be built for all factions as a tier-4 structure, but it cannot be built from a Foundry. Total hit points increased to 12000.*
• Mastermind now has the abilities of using the Blink Pack and Booby Trap. Same goes to Traveler-59.
• Manipulate object (mind control) cost 200 to use. Same applies to the Cultist.*
• Blink Pack for Shock Troopers and Mastermind cost 100 to use.*
• Conversion Beam for Reaper Tripod and Devourer Tank cost 100 to use.*
• Tiberium Agitation for Stalkers cost 200 to use.*
• Teleport ability for the Eradicator cost 200 to use.*
Next list of changes to be done later:
(*can't be done unless WrathEd reads xml coding of C&C3/C&C4/RA3 files)
(**may need some additional help from modders)
• More skirmish/MP maps need to be created, including mission maps. (this will take a lot of time)
• Subtitles need an invisible transparent background, not a black one.**
• The selection window box when dragging with the mouse needs a background shader (but it needs to be associated to the xml or ini coding if supported).**
• Keyboard controls need very heavy complex modifications similar to Starcraft II. All upgrades and unit abilities should be using just four single key controls. The building of structures/units should be using the 0-9 NumPad. The usage of Support Powers should be using F1-F8 keys.
• Rally flag control point needs to be changed to a visible flag.
• Added remaining roads/sidewalks from KW.
• Still need more new civilian units from TE (used with permission from Carnius), Red Alert 3 and C&C4.*
• Added Ghoststalker, Mutant Hijacker and Tiberian Fiend to the Mutant Hovel. (used with permission from Carnius)*
• Fix smoke grenade ability for Riflemen Squad and Titan which should be able to be visible.
• Fix tracer guns for remaining units that wasn't visible.
• Fix any remaining bugs as much as possible.
• ZOCOM will have a super squad to train. (Zone Raider, Zone Trooper, Commando, Missile Squad)**
• MOK will have a super squad to train. (Enlightened, Awakened, Tiberium Trooper, Rocket Trooper)**
• Traveler-59 will have a super squad to train. (Shock Trooper, Ravager, Disintegrator, two buzzers)**
• Fixed an issue on which previous new Support Powers did not show up ingame since version 0.7 due to the Module ID that wasn’t edited with a new name and the same goes to the InGame UI settings. The Module ID was edited for upgrades and unit abilities which worked ingame in all previous versions.**
• GDI Missile Squad has its new ability to fire faster just like the Allied Javelin Trooper in RA3. Costs 100 to use and has a 15 second cooldown.**
• NOD Missile Squad has its new ability to fire EMP Rockets against vehicles and. Costs 200 to use and has a 15 second cooldown.**
• Prodigy can use its Psyonic Rage ability (at a cost of 2000 credits) that destroys anything around the unit (including aircraft) and has a 90 second cooldown. Also it can use the original rage generator ability. Removed unit transport and booby trap abilities. Health increased to 6000 and cost increased to 5000 as a tier-4 unit which requires Signal Transmitter to be built. This infantry unit is now the counter to the Kane unit with a mix of Yuriko Omega meets Alma Wade.**