Invasion 1944 is a historically accurate World War Two total conversion mod for ARMA 2: Combined Operations(ARMA2 + Arrowhead) centering on the European theater.
Various fixes. Extract and overwrite files from 2.6 full release and 2.61, 2.62, and 2.63 patches.
Version 2.64 is a patch, and requires an existing I44 v2.6 installation with the v2.61, v2.62 and v2.63 updates applied.
The required Invasion 1944 - D-Day archive hosted on Armaholic is already at version 2.62 (so no need to apply those 2.61 and 2.62 patches). You can get it from here: Invasion 1944 - D-Day
-Open the archive file 'I44-ARMA2CO-v2-64.7z' with 7-Zip (http://7-zip.org/)
-Select the ‘Extract' button.
-In the ‘Copy To' line paste your ARMA 2: Combined Operations root directory (where arma2oa.exe is located) or other location e.g: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 or C:\Users\*Your Username*\Documents\ArmA 2 -Click ‘OK' to start extracting the contents. Once extracted you can close 7zip
-Create a shortcut, or load using your favourite launcher, be sure to load CBA, e.g: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@i44 -nosplash
NOTE: This installation assumes you installed v2.6, v2.61, v2.62 and v2.63 to @I44 and will patch that folder name only. If you use a custom folder name you will need to modify it to match your own personal setup.
Included .pbo files:
Please visit our Dev-Heaven site to report bugs and issues directly to the team: dev-heaven.net
When you encounter any bugs or issues, try to note down how they came to happen (what you were doing briefly prior to the problem), try to recreate the bug, if you can give us steps on how you found it, we can follow them to check for any issues that we can then look into fixing. If appropriate include screenshots to help describe issues.
- [2.64] NEW Tank damage system overhaul by Animosity242.
- [2.64] NEW Doctor, and AT units added to Resistance, all units given backpacks.
- [2.64] NEW Panzerfaust 100 units added to German Factions.
- [2.64] NEW Fallschirmjager winter faction added to Germans.
- [2.64] FIXED Universal Carrier now takes damage.
- [2.64] FIXED Churchill front hatches added, commander view.
- [2.64] FIXED Panzer IV exploding on its own/small arms fire.
- [2.64] FIXED Panther & Tiger gear change volume corrected.
- [2.64] FIXED Panther distant texture, commander position, gunner sight foliage.
- [2.64] FIXED SdKfz234/2 Commander turned out view.
- [2.64] FIXED Hetzer missing portrait.
- [2.64] FIXED Hetzer gunner sights.
- [2.64] FIXED Sherman Wading tank mis-named DD.
- [2.64] FIXED Halftrack and Ju52 missing sounds.
- [2.64] FIXED Fallschirmjager texture appearing too bright.
- [2.64] FIXED G43 rear sight widened.
- [2.64] FIXED Backblast smoke reduced (should decrease lag and slow fps).
- [2.64] FIXED Slightest of tweaks to Thompson recoil.
- [2.64] FIXED Neaville Winter distant green colour.
- [2.64] FIXED Neaville foliage geometry's credit: Robster.
- [2.64] FIXED Omaha_v2 and Neaville weather configs.
- [2.64] FIXED Chernarus (and other maps) weather and sea issues.
I44_C&H_Battleground_100_v103D.MCN_Neaville - Expanded 50v50 player Neaville mission.
I44_C&H_Battleground_100_v104b.I44_Omaha_v2 - D-Day Invasion 50v50 beta (still a WIP), works slightly different read the briefing for information!
All 1.03D Battlegrounds updated with the following:
-New class loadouts
-Fixed vehicle respawn when damaged/abandoned
-Added unit markers (both sides) visible in Recruit/Regular difficulty modes
-Couple other odd tweaks and fixes that should improve gameplay
Armor damage overhaul:
- The new Tank Damage system incorporates a level of realistic armor penetration features not seen before in a first-person game.
- Research stems from countless historical manuals, modern research books, and historical accounts.
Impact Obliquity (Shots that impact at angles other than straight on, including rounded gun mantlets)
Shell Type (AP, APC, APCBC, APCBCHE, HEAT (shaped-charge), HE, APCR)
Behind Armor Effects are also calculated for shell types, caliber, and velocity.
Crew Wounding based on shot placement
Crew Compartment Fires