T my knowledge this the latest realease. Prefered engine is Vengence r2, but should work with others too.
Improved Quake (IQ) is a progs.dat mod designed especially for the classic Quaker who is getting bored of the all-too-easy monsters, or the very limited deathmatch selection. It's interesting that the abbreviation for this mod is IQ, because one of the main changes will be to the AI.
This mod does not feature strange extra features, or new guns, or weird add-ons, just some basic improvements that every Quaker will like.
This mod will include new features like slightly smarter AI, locational damage, and a few other surprises you'll have to discover for yourself!
Thanks for help (so far) to:
Happy New Year, all you Quakers! Version 1.5 of Improved Quake has been released, with all new features including:
- Gave Shalrath a melee attack
- Added leading to ogre grenade shots
- Added 50% chance to use pain animation on hit
- Proportional fall damage
- Removed grenade evasion from zombies (they're stupid) and shamblers (don't care much about grenades)
- Adjusted monsters' healths and damages
- Much, much more!