Imperial Splendour attempts to create the best Empire: Total War experience possible without destroying the essence of the game, with an eye towards expanding and enriching the experience, while adding to the game's realism whenever possible.
Our main work has been to complete the former IS 2.1.4 release so as to
update it and enable you to get the best Empire Total War experience.
The greatest innovation in that release of IS is the evolution of the uniforms, separating the Grand Campaign in two periods (three at least), one early and one late Period.
Each period allows you a different roster so as to be the most
historically accurate on the units available, the uniform changes by
stages, so as to be consistent one period corresponds to a major
- Early: War of Spanish Succession
- Late: French Revolutionary wars
The second greatest innovation is the integration of the French Revolution, when a Revolution succeeds in France uniforms will change, according to the period time line, thus it is possible to make a Revolution getting the blue uniforms during the early period even if it is unhistorical. You make History.
The mod is only on a Beta stage right now, but we tried to make it as complete as it is possible.
From IS previous release:
- Reskinned and Reworked UP (Skins by Jarnomiedema)
- Reskinned and Reworked Spain (Skins largely by HellFell)
- Reskinned and Reworked Native Americans (Skins by CA)
- Reskinned and Reworked Morocco (Skins by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar #)
- Reskinned and Reworked Russia (Skins by HellFell)
- Reworked Italy
- Reworked Prussia
- Minor rework and reskin of Persia (skins by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar #)
- Naval combat completely overhauled
- Many campaign map changes (buildings changed / added / removed)
- Included cavalry standard bearers
- Reworked Artillery for the United Provinces, Sweden, Denmark and Norway:
From IS 2.2.1b release (the innovations since IS 2.1.4):
- Total Review of the French faction units (Early and Late Period)
- Total Review of the British faction units (Early and Late Period)
- Review of some Generic European vanilla units
- Original tech tree for France and Britain
- Review of the environment, and sky for Battles and Campaign Maps
- Review of the flags (based on the ETF mod)
- Reworked Artillery system.
- New Artillery models
- New musics for the campaign map area
- Rework on Sounds effect on the battle maps
- Review of the user interface for Battles and campaign
- Review of the campaign map visual
- Add new cultures for France and Britain
- Review of some animations for cavalry
- Include BSM (optional feature)
How to Install/run it:Run the "IS_Installer_221b.exe" install it in your data (it would be done automatically normally).After installation, press the icon of your desktop and enjoy!
The mod is still in project so if you want to see the last news concerning our work you can get a look here:
It is still at a Beta stage so if you find bugs it is normal, those will be fixed in the final release.
The team of IS 2.2.1 (in order of joining):
- ForteS: Creator, startpos editor
- Okmin: Co-creator
- Lazy Knight: Script and Startpos editor
- Flikitos: Units modeler, skinner and 2D designer
- Don504: Db-table generator, skinner and documents searcher
- Wangrin: Units modeler, skinner and 2D designer
- Kenniston5: Technology generator, script and startpos editor and documents searcher
- Darth Vuillaume: 2D designer
- Naxzul666: Picture and video maker
Thank you for watching!