A long-term modification project for Homeworld2 that aims to "tell the story of HW1 in HW2" and simultaneously bring the game to a whole new level through a plethora of new content, graphical updates, overhauls of current systems and exclusive features.

Forum Thread
2.0 (CN) Bugs (Games : Homeworld 2 : Mods : FX: Commander (Classic HW2) : Forum : Bug Reports : 2.0 (CN) Bugs) Locked
Thread Options
May 3 2014 Anchor

FX 2.0 - Known Bugs:

• Hiigaran / Vaygr are not playable. (not a bug -- see below)
  • Tutorial / Eden SP Mission are no longer accessible (game crash)
  • Custom maps are no longer supported.
  • Resource Collectors can not dock with Taiidan Research Station.
  • Music-Player causes desync errors at some points in Multiplayer. #973801
  • Playing with CPUs in Multiplayer causes an out of sync error (crash). #973908

FX 2.0 - NOT Bugs
- Turanic Carrier cannot build Ion Array Frigates (functioning as intended).
-
Hiigaran / Vaygr have been temporarily removed for balance adjusting (intentional).
- Kadeshi Needleship Main Cannon does not close on its own -> you need close it manually.

Edited by: WildHeart|GENESIS|

May 3 2014 Anchor

Most of the races seem to be missing from the race selection list.

May 4 2014 Anchor

The Hiigaran / Vaygr are not playable, yes. Confirmed to be fixed in FX 2.1.
Custom maps also no longer seem supported.

May 5 2014 Anchor

I noticed that Turanic Raiders are not ablt to build the Ion-Array Frigate with the Carrier. The Shipyard is working correctly. (Research set to Off) Is this a Bug?

I played 5 matches and all of them ended up in desync after about 1100-1500 seconds ingame. I have taken a look at the Gamefiles and I think that the problem might be the Music-Player. You might make a option or gamemode completly without this two features to ensure multiplayer stabiliy.

I think of this:
Music_player.lua - 8.991 Bytes - So, 04.05.14 um 12:15 - X:\FX Mod 2.0\Data\data\Scripts\
Line: MP_Mode = {"RepeatTrack","RepeatSingle","RandomPlay",}
Line: local m_i = random(1,music_data.size)
Line: m_i = random(1,music_data.size)

Another possible source might be the loading screen ... But as the "out of sync" took so long, it's much less possible
Loadingscreen.lua - 2.541 Bytes - So, 04.05.14 um 12:15 - X:\FX Mod 2.0\Data\data\Ui\Newui\
Line: UI_SetElementVisible("LoadingScreen", "words_"..random(1,2), 1)

I hope this might help you.

Edited by: Mr.Thi

May 6 2014 Anchor

Carriers not being able to build Ion Array Frigates is a bug, yes. It's on the to-do list for 2.1 from what I've heard.
/edit: confirmed to be intentional.

I will forward your suggestion to the team.

Regards.

May 6 2014 Anchor

Thx for the feedback.

I also found another thing, which in this case WILL cause a desync. The CPU_Exist() function. It will for sure cause a desync because AI is not recognised on the client side. So if you Are the Host and you play with a friend, he will get a desync message because his CPU_Exist will not notice any CPU players.

I noticed this long time ago and posted it on Tanis. It took me a lot of tests and try and error to narrow it down to this function.
It definetly causes an "out of sync error" whenever it is called in multiplayer with AI players.

Logics.lua - 296.292 Bytes - So, 04.05.14 um 12:15 - X:\FX Mod 2.0\Data\data\Leveldata\Multiplayer\Resdata\
Line: if(CPU_Exist(SobGroup_OwnedBy( Units[AllUnitsStates[iShip][1]].Name.."_"..AllUnitsStates[iShip][2])) == 0)then
Line: if(CPU_Exist(SobGroup_OwnedBy( Units[AllUnitsStates[iShip][1]].Name.."_"..AllUnitsStates[iShip][2])) == 1)then

Edited by: Mr.Thi

May 6 2014 Anchor

I have added your findings to the list. Thank you.

I have sent a link to this thread to [dreadnought9ccn], one of 9CCN's members, so I assume he will take a look at it and forward it to the team's programmers.
But, since the main language of the guys on the team is Chinese I do not know how well the message may come across.

Regards.

May 6 2014 Anchor

HGN and VGR has been disabled in 2.0 because balance needs to be adjust.NOT sure they will return in 2.1
Attack carrier cannot build ion Array Frigates NOT is a bug.

Other BUGS We have confirm and will be fixed in fx 2.1

sorry by my bad english...

I wish you all a happy game

May 7 2014 Anchor

Taiidan MS cannot summon a research station.

May 8 2014 Anchor

Stuart98 wrote: Taiidan MS cannot summon a research station.

I believe that is working as intended.

Part of the new research structure is that you can only summon specific units through specific vessels.
For example, only the Turanic Outpost can summon another Outpost.
Just like how you need to build several research modules first before you can unlock others.

2.0 gives carriers a greater importance.

May 9 2014 Anchor

Mr.Thi wrote: Thx for the feedback.

I also found another thing, which in this case WILL cause a desync. The CPU_Exist() function. It will for sure cause a desync because AI is not recognised on the client side. So if you Are the Host and you play with a friend, he will get a desync message because his CPU_Exist will not notice any CPU players.

I noticed this long time ago and posted it on Tanis. It took me a lot of tests and try and error to narrow it down to this function.
It definetly causes an "out of sync error" whenever it is called in multiplayer with AI players.

Logics.lua - 296.292 Bytes - So, 04.05.14 um 12:15 - X:\FX Mod 2.0\Data\data\Leveldata\Multiplayer\Resdata\
Line: if(CPU_Exist(SobGroup_OwnedBy( Units[AllUnitsStates[iShip][1]].Name.."_"..AllUnitsStates[iShip][2])) == 0)then
Line: if(CPU_Exist(SobGroup_OwnedBy( Units[AllUnitsStates[iShip][1]].Name.."_"..AllUnitsStates[iShip][2])) == 1)then

Random music won't cause desync. CPU_Exist() function will. The function you found is coded inside X system, scripted by Xangle13, who no longer participates in 9ccn's mods developing. So although I've noticed this a long time ago, not sure if I can fix it.

Edited by: HW_Lover

May 9 2014 Anchor

HW_Lover wrote:

Mr.Thi wrote: Thx for the feedback.

Random music won't cause desync. CPU_Exist() function will. The function you found is coded inside X system, scripted by Xangle13, who no longer participates in 9ccn's mods developing. So although I've noticed this a long time ago, not sure if I can fix it.

X大这算是挖了坑不管填么。。。

May 10 2014 Anchor

Turanic Carrier cannot build Ion Array Frigates now has been fixed because balance adjusting.
Attack carrier is considered
not enough to combat Capital ships

CPU desync is so big trouble....

Edited by: dreadnought9ccn

May 10 2014 Anchor

You could add an additional AI entry for the skirmish screen. When Starting a Game you will have to selec the human playercount. So by default this is 1. If you choose 2 the first too players in the lobby will be considered Human ... so every PlayerIndex > 1 will be a CPU player.

Second method. Make 6 new entries and use the new lobby from compelx team (aks them)... so you can see all options at once. So you can select if it's human or cpu for every player on explicit.

Third solution ... most work and it will probably not need a lot of time to change everything. But you will have no race limit. Do it like I have done here:
Moddb.com
Moddb.com

I wourld suggest the second solution, as it's the most comfortable and easy to do at the moment.
All in all you can replace the CPU_Exist with a global array value, which is initialised when the Game loads.
This should not bee much work and the Problem is solved.

I hope that helps. Good luck with it.

May 26 2014 Anchor

Thanks for your help.we will fix it in 2.1.thanks again.Mr.Thi.and thanks everone.

Edited by: dreadnought9ccn

Jun 1 2014 Anchor

I'm very Happy if I was able to Help. I love your Mod and I'm looking forward to playing it online again. The Races you included there have to much character.

The Swarms of Kadesh
The Junky ships of the Raiders
The Awesomely powerful Keeper ships
And last but not least
The heavy Metal Taiidan

They play all very different and still pretty good balanced to a certain point.

So thank you 9CCN for this great experience :-D

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.