Please pay attention to the install instructions when you install the mod!!! If you encounter a problem with the mod or the installer please report them...
As the USA - spread democracy and build up your NATO coalition to avenge the 9.11 attacks. As Russia - Show the world the meaning of the Russian spirit, push back NATO from your borders and establish yourself once again as a world superpower. As China - spread the people's revolution as far as possible, show the USA who's boss. By force or diplomacy, the path is yours to choose... Link to forum (report any bugs/issues there)
As the USA - spread democracy and build up your NATO coalition to avenge the 9.11 attacks.
As Russia - Show the world the meaning of the Russian spirit, push back NATO from your borders and establish yourself once again as a world superpower.
As China - spread the people's revolution as far as possible, show the USA who's boss.
By force or diplomacy, the path is yours to choose...
Link to forum (report any bugs/issues there)
The recent military campaign in Israel is now over and I can go back to work on the mod. I have to tell you now that this has delayed the release of Beta 5 significantly but I will try to put in the hours to make up for lost time.
Expect upcoming dev diaries which will show off the new tech tree and how it will be handled. Beta 5 is the beta which in its heart hopes to finally make the game playable for those who at the very least play a large/security council country so after the tech tree is finished and the production and units are finished Beta 5 will introduce into the mod OOB's for these countries with more followed afterwards.
In general I would like to jump start the mod to a playable state which means that I have chosen not to release an update that fixes issues with resources and position fixes for the map. Releasing this update will just force you to redownload the mod with not enough gain as far as I can see it. It will also force me to spend time supporting the update and issues that might come up with installing it.
Due to these considerations all of these fixes will be merged into Beta 5 along with all the additions this update will bring to the mod, the following is a to do list which I hope will be fully done for Beta 5. Please note that I can't promise that everything on this list will be done but I will obviously try to squeeze in as many of these as possible.
Priorities for Beta 5:
1. A new reworked and functioning tech tree.
2. New balanced units.
3. New AI behavior that will build and use new techs and units.
4. New tech distribution for major and secondary power nations.
(USA,Brazil,Canada, Russia, India, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Japan)
5. Some new events for the years 2000 and 2001.
6. New production interfaces.
I also want to drop a note regarding some feedback I have received recently and I will split these into two major points:
1) Please DO NOT expect me to stop everything now to include the recent crisis in Ukraine, I trust most of the people who play these types of games understand that all these happenings in Ukraine are driven by events that have happened BEFORE it all started so its a bit naive to think that a mod that starts in 2000 will just skip directly to 2013 without taking note of what happened before that.
2) I agree with some of the feedback regarding some of the regions of the map in the sense that they don't have enough provinces and be sure that if that area has played an important role during the timeline of the mod provinces will be added to provide strategic warfare in those areas... Iraq and Georgia come to mind as two examples but also Syria.
That is all for now, thanks to anyone who keeps supporting this mod.