Halo Custom Edition is a stand alone version of Halo PC, supporting only multiplayer mode. This version of Halo, which was released by Gearbox, allows...
Halo Custom Edition is a stand alone version of Halo PC, supporting only multiplayer mode. Free to download if you already purchased Halo PC.
This version of Halo, which was released by Gearbox, allows custom maps, which you can make using the HEK; improved netcode, small tweaks, and more features.
Benefits of CE:
1. Custom maps. Not modded maps like you see in halo PC, but brand new maps that are created specifically for Halo CE. There are over 200 custom maps currently available (for free) compared to the small handfull of maps available for regular Halo. Some of these custom maps are from Halo 2
2. Improved performance. Halo CE and The Delaginator reduce the ingame lag you see for multiplayer games online.
3. Custom weapons. Brand new weapons are available in CE, like the Rail Gun, the Boom Stick, Needle Cannons, Needle Nades, Double Assault rifles, Battle Rifle.....
4. Custom vehicles. FRG Hog, Race Hog, Needle Hog, Gauss Hog, 2 man Battle Mech, Pelican, Escape Pod,...
Here's what you need to do to play Halo Custom Edition
1. Legal licenced copy of Halo PC (cos you need the installation and the same serial)
2. Download Halo CE here and install
3. Put it in your Halo Custom Edition game Directory and run the patch from there
4. unrar the maps into your haloce/maps directory.