Half-Life 2: Capture the Flag v2.1 Update Release
The HL2:CTF team is pleased to announce the release of the HL2CTF 2.1 update to address issues reported throughout the first month after the initial release of 2.0.
The version 2.1 update focuses primarily on reversing the high player damage modifiers and low weapon damage values to create more balance in the mod. Additional updates include individual hit-registration sounds for the head, torso, arms and legs to compliment the adjusted damage values.
Below is the full list of changes in the new v2.1 update:
- Spectators viewing flag carrier no longer spawn holding the flag
- TC Score Reset
- Individual hit registration sounds for Head, Torso, Arms and Legs
- Charged Railgun shot now colorized Red
- Secondary zoom function added to Pistol and .357
- Adjusted Player damage Multipliers
- Adjusted Weapon damage values
- Slight increase to wall-jump vertical height multiplier
- Player spawns with 100 health and 10 suit
- Rework of all in-game radio voiceover audio
Map Additions and Updates:
- Added new Instagib map - ig_curved
- Updated ctf_canyon2 - Changed Shield Team Runes to Drain
- Updated ctf_floodzone - Changed Shield Team Runes to Drain
- Updated ctf_atomicgarden - Fixed info_player_start position and other tweaks
- Updated ig_duality - Changed from 4 captures to 8 (including xbow and mag versions)
- Updated ctf_storm - Removed RPG from middle bridge
- Updated ctf_lambda_bunker - Fixed barrier in Combine Spawn
We appreciate the continued support from our community and hope these updates are welcomed by all of the players new and seasoned alike.
Desura users should see the 2.1 upgrade applied very soon. All of the official HL2CTF servers have been upgraded to 2.1 along with a few other servers so players can try out the update. All servers should be updated with this patch very soon.