GTA: SOL uses an enhanced version of the Vice City game engine with a lot of added functionality taken from San Andreas and Liberty City with some new ideas I soon plan to add to improve overall game play such as the player/actor being able to crawl, swim, and climb. My main goal is to place all 3 GTA Game maps onto 1 single map and I have almost reached this goal with the help of those contributing towards this mod's progress, now helping me add San Andreas along side Mainland Liberty, Liberty City and Vice City, Other contributions towards the mod have been the Statue of Liberty, Squiddy's SA hud and Mark's Fun Island.
This version has been rebuilt from the ground up, and will be a massive improvement other the other releases in stability and playability.
Posted by Mc-Kay on Apr 13th, 2008
GTASOLbeta51.0 (Stable) Released
GTASOL (SA) Beta 51.0 (BlueBird) coming soon.
The final release date for this mod has been set back because of some issues getting everything together; I will keep all of you informed as to when that will be.
A) Still awaiting missions to be added and coded into the SCM, (Trying to find a SCM coder?)
B) Paths and water bounds to be fixed soon, others will be continuing on with this step as I'll be taking a short break and soon be starting '50-SOL'.
C) Problems in March 2009, this will effect the gtasol forum and file hosting.
Major changes to the game files:
1. A new ID layout for all the IDE and IPL files where all the objects now range from 600- 15800. As well as fixing two major issues; the bugs around the map that created the random crashing and the vehicle damage bug.
2. All models have been either recreated or reconverted without the alpha corruption that you got from using KAMs scripts.
3. Replay system has been fixed, as well as the vehicle collision bug.. (needed models got deleted from the gta3 img file, and have been put back)
4. New 2dfx arrey setup, Lighting objects can be stand alone and not linked to any other objects, also with the ability to tag light object using IPL entires.
5. 120 SA Vehicles now added, VC vehicles are now set as default and added back into the mod.
6. Optimized maps that will path the way to this mod running on SA, also the SA map has been raised from sea level, no more dawning.
7. GTA3.img file has been rebuilt and loaded back in (GTA_VC.Dat) IDE entry order. (Radar.txd, Peds, Game Parts, Vehicles, Models, Ifp and light dffs, SA Vehicles)
8. Respawn cords have been fixed, no more fulling in random places.
9. Updates now possible, just changing the files in the data folder.
10. All dev updates added, Some changes to the maps also.
11. Most files in the img are now RW3.4, this is work in progress towards the SA version.
12. SA support files added, Mod will work on SA version 1.0, Not all objects show up in game.
Download link forGTASOL51.0(Crossover_Repack).rar Updated version (Feb 10, 2009)
Game exe for version 51.0, Please do not upload this file onto any other site!.
Download for the Game GTA-SOL.exe
Moddb, and filefront first, looking for mirrors
For more info goto www.gtastateofliberty.com