Welcome back again for another update. Only just a little over 4 months since our last update we're back for more. We've been listening to bugs and game play issues over these last months and are ready to exterminate all pesky issues and introduce some remastered and brand new tracks to our soundtrack.
This being mostly an code update we don't have a gallery or big gameplay video to accompany is update, so we'll jump into what we fixed and added in this version.
We've fixed all submitted issues associated with crosshairs and aiming.
- Aiming being sluggish and slow.
- Dying while zoomed would stay zoomed while blood screen plays.
- Crosshairs correctly turns off now while reloading.
- Changing your resolution while playing now correctly re-centers the crosshairs.
- When zooming in/out with the mouse wheel will no longer invoke the weapon selection panel.
Bugs fixed that were associated with gameplay:
- Now when spectating a player while dead or in spectator mode their health/armor shows correctly.
- Payers will no longer get stuck into wall/props when spawning.
- Projectiles(grenades,rockets,etc) now correctly pass through teammates.
- End of the match will now properly show the round scores, and not skip them for final scores.
Game modes also have seen a couple bug fixes:
- Various capture area code fixes/enhancements. Therefore, uplink will now have properly sized capture areas.
- gameplay_capturethekey.txt was added back so server admins can now use that.
Also brand new work from Yannick "GoldenZen", we'll highlight his amazing work below.
We'd also want to shout-out and highlight our lead sound designer, GoldenZen's new James Bond album! Listening to these tracks you can really tell some long hours and painstaking work went into this album. Please stop by and give it a listen and support his great work.
Also check out his behind the scenes videos showing the work it takes to produce these tracks.
On top of his new album, GoldenZen went through and remastered all his old GE:S tracks. Even with this painstaking work he didn't leave us without some brand new tracks.
New tracks in this update include:
- And two new surface versions
Be sure to give these new and updated tracks a listen. They sound amazing outside the game as well, highly suggest giving them a listen in the car.
Thanks again for your dedication and playing along with us after all these years. We hope to see you in game and submitting ideas and bugs.
-Team Goldeneye: Source