This mod is a compilation of several, smaller mods I had made earlier; namely the Bentusi Roulette, Deathmatch Plus, Special Fleets and Defined Roles mods. It is a game-type mod that extends upon the existing Deathmatch game-type.
Bugfixes for the last version. No new features. See description below.
CHANGES IN 1.21
• DEFINED ROLES: Player can no longer research or build tech
that no-one on the team can use. (Ooops!)
• DEFINED ROLES: AI no longer considers building subsystems for
ships no-one on the team can use. (This was causing the CPU
to sit around mostly idle without spending all its RUs.)
• DEFINED ROLES: Fixed error in clearing messages from the
• DEFINED ROLES: Ships belonging to other races (e.g., captured
ships) are now properly transferred between players.
• DEFINED ROLES: Now checks whether players are of the same
race before trying to transfer research.
• DEFINED ROLES: Added the "RoleFrigate", "RoleFighter" and
"RoleCorvette" flags to "GameplayEnhanced_Config.lua".
They're used in the AI scripts to tell the CPU which techs to
• SPECIAL FLEETS is now set up before DEFINED ROLES, just in
case there's some incompatibility I didn't forsee.
• Fixed the bug where SPECIAL FLEETS was trying to grant
"ECMProbe" research to Vaygr players.