G String V1 is out. G String V2 is in development.
V1 Release Notes
Someone put up this torrent for V1, seems to have a lot of seeders so try it if you prefer to use torrent:
Supernatural science fiction with a dash of horror. Slow and eerie in the first three or so hours, more action heavy afterwards.
- 54 maps.
- 12+ hours of gameplay.
- All new content. This is a total conversion- it does not take place in the Half Life universe.
Steam account (FREE)
Source SDK Base 2006 (FREE)
Yes, the mod is 100% FREE, no need for any other game to play it.
Specs wise if you can play HL2 you can play this.
- Download RAR files.
- Extract to your steam\steamapps\sourcemods folder.
ISSUES THAT MIGHT COME UP
- Not much of an issue but I'll mention that the volume is set to 0 when you start so adjust it to your liking before starting a new game.
- In the first level break the window next to the first stairs to find the keycard.
- During the ending the last ascension ride might not start (after the TV screen shrinks and fades to white.)- open console and type "map end_3". Now you should be able to get to the end credits.
- After emerging from the robot cemetery, on the top floor there is a level transition which might not trigger- load the last quicksave.
- Sometimes the "SMG" primary ammo does not display- just switch to another weapon with bullets like the pistol then switch back to "SMG."
Enjoy and please keep in mind that I am one girl and it took me five years to make this. To those who have helped me test and compile- thank you for your time.
For more mod related videos visit my YouTube page: