FUEL: REFUELED is an enhancement modification for the game FUEL, which brings multiple bug-fixes, improvements and the addition of various new content.

Forum Thread
[15.4] Unlock All Vehicles (Games : FUEL : Mods : FUEL: REFUELED : Forum : Help & Tips : [15.4] Unlock All Vehicles) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 9 2011 Anchor

Not sure if it's just me, but I wonder if anyone's having the same problem, or if it's a known issue.

I'm using F:R v15.4 with patch #2. I installed it to update from 15.2 I think it was. I nuked the MODS and FUEL_REFUELED folders just to be sure.

My savegames seem to have gone back to initial state -- all popup info reset, nothing unlocked. That would be fine, because I could just use the Unlock All mods, except the Unlock All Vehicles mod doesn't seem to work! Unlock All Zones works fine, but I really want to get my street bikes back.

Any ideas?

Vetron
Vetron FUEL: REFUELED Developer
Apr 9 2011 Anchor

Your saved-game would appear reset because V15.4 simply uses a different savedgame file, go to C:\Users\(username)\Documents\My Games\FUEL\(username) and you should see two files...

FUEL_SAVE_V14.sav is the original saved (which is your V15.2)
and a new one should be FUEL_RE_SAVE.sav

The only reason for this is a simple protection against people being too lazy to backup their saved-games and then messing them up during the mod installation process, however if you make a copy of FUEL_SAVE_V14.sav and rename it FUEL_RE_SAVE.sav you should be able to continue as normal. It also allows users to switch between game versions (mod and stock) without screwing up the saved game file too.

Back to that Unlock all vehicles mod, basically the mod 'unlocks' all the vehicles, but it doesn't purchase them. If you want to do that then you will need to use the debug tools to give yourself a large amount of money and then just buy them.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Edited by: Vetron

Apr 22 2011 Anchor

Thanks man. Restoring the .sav file from before the upgrade sorted me out. And the day-cycle stuff in the new version seems to work great too - thanks for that. Just drank a couple of beers driving into the sunset, which was very relaxing. ;-)

Since this is one of the few pockets on the internet where there is love for this game, I thought I might share a long tribute I wrote to this game I while back, in case you're interested: Here

This forum software insists on munging URLs, dammit. Anyway, it's http:// fullglassemptyclip.com/2010/07/won't-get-fueled-again/

Edited by: stwc

Vetron
Vetron FUEL: REFUELED Developer
Apr 26 2011 Anchor

Glad you got it fixed :)

Interesting read and good article...

stwc wrote: Still, somehow, through design or dumb luck, they nailed that one gameplay thing: hopping onto a street bike in first person and just riding. And I love that.

Yeah while they did focus more on the technology over the gameplay, I agree there is at least that simple pleasure of being able to 'just drive' off into the sunset without having to worry about invisible barriers or falling off the map. Thats what keeps me coming back to FUEL for more, - few titles have that and frankly there's nothing really to rival the scale of FUEL. I'd love for them to make a sequel or use the technology in another game as there is so much that could be done with it.

---

btw I had trouble accessing the article, no matter which link I clicked I couldn't access it, it came up with "Sorry, no posts matched your criteria." . But I did a search for "FUEL" and found it that way. It was because of requiring a " " rather than a " ' " in the URL. ;)

Fullglassemptyclip.com = working link (for anyone else reading this thread)

Edited by: Vetron

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.