After 8 years, I've repackaged the original unreleased Front Line Force v1.9.
This version was tested heavily, and was ready for release in 2004, However due to a very stupid decision, it was held back because we wanted to Release on Steam (Now SteamWorks).
That never happened, and instead I and a few others just kept working on it adding more stupid stuff, or just changing the game drastically. This evolved into 2.0 - which was never finished either due to real-life circumstances (tm). 2.0 was however released as a simple "okay that's it, we're over" release.
This release contains both a windows installer as well as a zip file which can be used for HLDS in either Windows or Linux.
The release notes are as follows:
Front Line Force
Date: 04/28/2012 -- 8 years later.
Tony "omega" Sergi
- Repackaging the original 1.9 Release - the one that was fully tested and ready to go, but we never put out because we were waiting for Steam Mod Support. (Which was a really stupid call on my part, this should have been released and the crap I was doing with 2.0 never should have happened!)
- the 1.8b Source code was lost, mourning is required.
- I'm leaving the original notes unmodified below, however I'm making some specific changes here for things that were missing (or what I've done for this re-package)
- Restored a number of the weapon sounds to 1.8 versions
- Replaced the terrible UI sounds
- Replaced the menu music with the FLF:Classic music (I don't know who made it, so if you know, speak up please)
- new hud layout; helmets changed to a single helmet with a number, scores and roundinfo are visible which can be toggled in the helpmenu
MAP Changes / Additions:
- added the following maps back into 1.9, from 1.8b (matching the server config on my server that some people on the FLF group in facebook helped me tweak)
- the actual final, stable and working eastend.
- deep6, dlord, biohazard, heatwave, hill, snow, swiss, solomon, risu, rage, mountain, storm, swiss, miasma
- onslaught is included but not in the mapcycle
Additional info regarding maps that wasn't mentioned:
- icehammer, afghan, dcity, village, sogem were modified with some minor fixes/tweaks
- there are and may be a number of duplicate sounds, however I didn't want anything to be missing.
- All New Player and Weapon Models
| These models are all modified and or old FLF:Defiance models
- MK23 Renamed to USP to match the model
- using menus (command menu specifically) won't mess up your view angles anymore
- grenades work more like they are supposed to
- help menu has the binds removed, and only enabled for cvars
- changed the smoke puff cvars to be toggles (thats all they always did)
- ducking while capturing re-enabled, but the other changes to capturing are sticking
- while capping player yaw angles (aka turning left/right) are locked to a 90 degree range facing the cap point, you can still move around though.
- new assault weapon - AK105 Sits in between AK5 and Famas in potency (not necessarily usage though)
- new support weapon - KSP58 Defensive Heavy Weapon, only has one clip (but 179 rounds!) Fire's slower than the hk21 which makes you extremely vulnerable up close.
- fixed underwater flashbang and grenade explosions, and added underwater explosion sounds
- increased stamina drain on jumps to reduce bunny hopping a little more
- removed the "flesh" hit sound from being created on the client; it is misleading. client side doesn't trace hitboxes, so shooting between someones legs registers as a hit on the client, but a miss on the server, lag also contributes to missing
- changed all the vgui menus (weapons, team, class, etc) to use unused FLT graphics, changed the theme to FLT blue
- made the huds change color based on your team; green for commandos blue for rebels.
- change location color to blue like it was supposed to be all along
- eliminated the use of r_drawviewmodel
- added a set of lower poly/lower res textured view models and a cvar (cl_lowpolyvms) to activate them (to go along with the inability to disable view models)
- fixed the warmup invincibility bug (also caused team switching to not kill you)
- re-enabled mp_autoteambalance
- added cancel button on the pistol menu once you've selected weapons. this way you can cancel if you hit it by mistake.
- added log printing for two of the bonuses and fixed the secondary point logging to use the standard format
- added a method to ensure capture point sounds are shut off when a capture is stopped
- made semi-automatic the default fire mode on the pistols, removed semi from famas as it was left in by mistake (thanks to whoever reported it)
- replaced a number of weapon sounds
- new vgui crosshair system
|-cl_crosscolor designates the color.
| 0 (default) makes them team colored,
| 1 = blue
| 2 = green
| 3 = red
| 4 = yellow
| 5 = grey
| 6 = white
|-cl_crosstrans will set the amount of transparency the crosshair should have
| 0 = no transparency
| 255 = full transparency (rendering invisible)
|-cl_crossnumber allows you to choose one of 4 sets of crosshairs
| 0 = default, 1 = small-sized of default, 2 = aegis, 3 = quake3 inspired
| note that any of these sets can be replaced, instructions will be posted on the site
- re-enabled cl_cpstatus
- added sv_log_hits logging option; logs hitoutput messages for stats and whatnot
- made it so grenades won't sink into the floor
- changed the prone system, uses +prone instead of toggleprone and is inside player physics. your gun holsters while you go down/up and returns when you're able to fire
- to complete the prone system, added old flf2 diving code (pre flfd); it doesn't launch you as far as it did in flf2, but if you are running tap prone and you'll do a short and quick dive down to prone
- you can also go to prone from crouch, and to crouch from prone (to go crouch from prone, hold the crouch key when you tap prone)
- optomized weapon code a little bit; no longer does it send messages every time a gun is fired to update ammo
- made wood texture types do wood footstep sounds
- activated the ladder type ability (mappers can set a ladder to be either metal (default), fence, wood, rope or vine)
- replaced the snow steps
- reduced the head bobbing when taking damage even further from the last reduction
- added round begin radio and text messages
- fixed the secondary capture point && capturing through walls bug. The water-cap fixes caused this, so as a change to make the secondary points (ie: icehammer culture bath) work in water, if a secondary point is in water it can be capped through solid objects
- you can no longer shoot through sky
- cap points are no longer visible in the sky
- award system revamped, awards are now real-time! bind a key to +showawards (f2 by default) to see awards on-the-fly! (they update every second while the award panel is up, just like team status updates)
- modified the team status. instead of just showing your basic attacking/defending/capturing/time to respawn, if a teammate is shooting someone it will say "ATTACKING ENEMY" if they're being shot at (and hit) it will say "UNDER ATTACK". attacking enemy takes precedence over the latter.
- +moveup and +movedown (swim up/down) are deprecated. Jump and Duck now do the same things, so you don't need to bind those anymore (extra keys!!) (note: these keys are still used in spectator mode for flying up / down)
- fixed the weapon spread function, prone now actually gives prone accuracy instead of duck accuracy
- added cl_waterfx to control water special effects
- added cl_debris cvar to enable or disable impact debris
- removed the ability to take two shotguns. you can now only take one of them.
- flashbang deals a very small amount of damage in a very small radius when it goes off (ie: if you're beside it)
- added client-side static model support (as well as serverside for special model support, such as using the attacker or defender team number for side-specific submodels / skins)
- cleaned up the hud and hud sprites, created all new death icons, new hud ammo icons, weapon select, etc.
- prone "step" height reduced (the maximum height you can crawl up, ie: a stair)
- pressing alt fire with the weapon select buckets up will cancel selection. (added because escape brings up the steam menu)
- hacked up the weapon code so that it uses some of my synchronization code and fixed some bugs with the server-side bit, and repaired penetration. hopefully this should alleviate some accuracy and registering bugs, testing will tell!
- gave mappers the ability to make capture points track players while capturing, as well as lock a players view (turning) onto the point. (mapper could design a point that the player could strafe around and have the player always face the point)
minor cosmetic changes:
- renamed "best sniper" to "sharpshooter"
- fixed keycard hud display when cl_captimes is on, it now displays the time to go back home in digits
- Added flf_siberiankiss - NEW!!!
- Added flf_sorrow - NEW!!!
- Added flf_shroud - NEW!!!
- Updated flf_toledo to latest version
- Updated flf_afghan to latest version
- Updated flf_village to the final-final version
- grenades are forced off on heatwave and an extra 3 seconds has been added to each teams respawn time. round time extended by 1 minute. - only alternative was to nuke heatwave.
- added the missing sky environment maps
- got rid of the dsp effects on flf_rage (dsp effects suck in multiplayer because they don't shut off automatically)
- updated all maps for the ladder type and debris systems