Since our last update at Mod DB in 2008, a few things have changed with the FringeSpace mod:
- RazorsKiss has stepped down as a co-leader of the project. Making JGZinv the project leader.
- Our website and forum, www.fringespace.org, has largely been shut down due to out of date designs and spammers. We're in the process of designing a new site that should be easier to update. Our forums where we do the most mod related updates, is now at Hard-light.net so we are closer to the main Freespace community.
- We also have a presence on Facebook.com, as part of the Tachyon group. We post community updates or questions there, and setup bi-weekly Tachyon games for Sunday & Wednesday.
- We've probably changed hands 20 times since 2008, but we're still pushing along. We've created new hi-poly versions of the Tachyon Gate, Demon fighter, and others.
- We're still looking for additional volunteer help, particularly in the areas of UV/texturing, LUA scripting, and there's also a single paid contract-work type position open for repair and upgrading of an old 3D model extractor we have. If you have interest in any of these please contact JGZ.
- We've gotten to talk to some of the original Tachyon developers over the last couple years, and they all wish us the best in continuing Tachyon with FringeSpace