FHSW 0.61 released!
FHSW 0.61 has been released with the main goal of fixing a lot of bugs. But the devs also added a lot of new things, the highlight being the new map "Fall of Berlin" which recreates the final battle of World War II in Europe in a very convincing manner.
How to install?
This is a patch for FHSW 0.6 which is required to be installed. If you’re new to FHSW please follow the instructions of this guide.
I’ve tried to translate most of the changes from the Japanese dev blog, I can’t guarantee that everything is correct. The source is linked at the bottom of this news.
- planes on aircraft carriers are locked into position until you move the elevator. This can be used to rev up the engine before take-off which is very helpful when the carrier is moving.
- slightly increased anti-personnel damage of guns with caliber 57 mm and below
- damage of tank HEAT ammo increased
- fixed visual and audio issues of large caliber artillery shells
- rockets with a caliber of 28 cm and above penetrate walls now
- fixed a bug where the ammo selector wasn’t visible in some ships
- fixed bugs with deployable mortar
- the three machine gun variants of the deployable machine gun kits no longer share the same ammo pool to improve game stability
- several kill log errors have been corrected
- medic packs slowly regenerate itself now
- fixed some animation bugs with infantry weapons
- M4A1 mortar carriage: fixed an issue where turning the vehicle with A/D keys was inverted
- M16 MGMC: fixed an issue where the vehicle would damage itself while firing
- B-25G: penetration and splash damage of the 75 mm gun increased
- WACO glider: "brake rockets" adjusted
- added Willys Jeep mounted with recoilless rifle RCL 3.45in Mk 1
- damage of 17 pounder tank gun slightly increased
- HMS Lion: network bugs fixed
- special forces kit: now issued with Browning High Power
- De Lisle: increased accuracy while crouching or proning
- added Fa 223 "Drache": large helicopter with room for up to 7 people
- added Borgward IV: radio controlled vehicle which can drop explosive charges
- added Panzerjäger Wanze: Borgward IV chassis armed with a battery of six Panzerschreck rockets
- added Jagdtiger Entwurf II: alternative design of the Jagdtiger with engine in the front and superstructure moved to the rear
- added Jagdtiger (improved): proposed design with 12,8 cm L/66 gun
- added K98 AT rifle grenade: power similar to Kampfpistole AT warhead but better aiming at long distances and longer reload time
- added Faustpatrone 42: small disposable AT weapon, penetrates about 100 mm of armour
- added MP 40: variant with increased rate of fire but lower accuracy
- E-25: problems fixed where the tank would slip while standing still
- PT16: durability increased
- 2 cm Flak 38: gun sight changed
- Fw 190 D-9: engine power slightly increased
- He 111 Z: launch and control of the Hs 293 missile can be done from the second seat now
- random infantry weapon kits revisited to improve game stability
- added Type 2 20 mm AA gun: AA gun based on German Flak 38. It has a central fire-control system which lets you operate six guns at once.
- late Yamato model and code revisited to reduce lag especially for the captain
- Yokosuka D4Y: fixed a bug where the bombs could not be rearmed at airfields
- Nakajima B6N: fixed self-repair function when gunner seat is occupied
- model and code of all (hybrid) aircraft carriers revisited to reduce load
- added T-35 (1939): new model
- added T-35 E: proposed design with more armour and stronger engine
- added T-35-95: proposed design with 95 mm F39 tank gun
- T-34/85: fixed wrong armour values
- T-44: fixed wrong pistol port positions
- MiG-3: improved flight performance
- added ARL 44: heavy tank which was produced almost immediately after the liberation of Paris, armed with 90 mm gun
- added AMX 13: light tank with magazine fed gun
- added AMX 50: planned successor of the ARL 44 with powerful 120 mm gun and good front armour, the sides are very vulnerable however
- L3: fixed collision mesh
- added Fall of Berlin 1945: The last stand for the German army at the Reichstag in Berlin.
- Operation Rattrap: It’s now possible to damage the Ratte from the outside with high caliber guns such as the Churchill AVRE or 9 inch turrets.
- Desert Hill: Converted to post-WW2 conflict between West and East
- Way to Paris: Allied forces strengthened
- Midway 1942: AA destroyer added to Japan, has no weapons to attack ships
- Salerno: from the official add-on “Road to Rome”
- Operation Varsity: multiplayer stability increased
- Operation Varsity: Allies want to secure bridges over the Rhine, can you stop them?
- The Forgotten Jungle: fixed problems which caused game crashes
FHSW 0.61 released!